Sidney Sam and the Benders

Sounds like 70s glam rock band

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
England booed off again.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Outclassed by their reserves. But the squad is clear.

Stumpy Tim

Sturridge is going to be a John Barnes type - won't produce his best for England. Would rather play the false number 9 and have Barkley play.

England haven't played too badly though. Smalling has been rubbish, but no one else has played too badly really. Cleverly was above awful, which is a pleasant change... If he gets to the World Cup squad, then I'll be annoyed I didn't try professional football as a career

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
To play for England & from a previous poster, it seems I'm not the only one with that opinion.

It wasn't clear what you intimated and I am not picking on you before you message me.

Who would you have in front of him? He's not good enough to play for England as long as there are at least two English strikers who are better than him.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Sturridge is going to be a John Barnes type - won't produce his best for England. Would rather play the false number 9 and have Barkley play.

England haven't played too badly though. Smalling has been rubbish, but no one else has played too badly really. Cleverly was above awful, which is a pleasant change... If he gets to the World Cup squad, then I'll be annoyed I didn't try professional football as a career

Pretty much most of this!!

Apart from ...... in my opinion, we were crap!!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
other half right again England were shite
must remember to step forward to take a pass
Smalling must never play for England again
did the German goalkeeper have to make a save
did we even have a shot on goal
hope Woy has learned something from that game

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wankers... The fans, not the players

Totally. Considering how bad we've been, there are real signs we can improve as a side and be at least attractive to watch. The outlook has to be positive even if we're getting things wrong. Every player looked like they gave their all tonight, I don't see how you can boo them off unless you really are an idiot.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
other half right again England were shite
must remember to step forward to take a pass
Smalling must never play for England again
did the German goalkeeper have to make a save
did we even have a shot on goal
hope Woy has learned something from that game

Gerrard hit the top of the net..........Townsend hit the post.....

Feb 14, 2010
Germany's second eleven show England's first eleven how to pass the ball to a bloke in the same shirt. How many times did our fall backs "knock it long down the line.. son". There are things that make me glad that Poyet is not at Brighton but if we had 92 Poyet's running clubs in England instead of the likes of Pullis and Adams then we might have a side made up of players who can pass the ball and run off the ball to create options. Same old England, hoof fight for second ball, hoof lose the ball, hoof straight to their keeper. Football really isn't that difficult, just pass it, and move into space.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I thought we played well tonight other than that killer final ball. Personally would have liked to have seen Lambert & Defoe start tonight with Rooney sitting behind them

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Germany's second eleven show England's first eleven how to pass the ball to a bloke in the same shirt. How many times did our fall backs "knock it long down the line.. son". There are things that make me glad that Poyet is not at Brighton but if we had 92 Poyet's running clubs in England instead of the likes of Pullis and Adams then we might have a side made up of players who can pass the ball and run off the ball to create options. Same old England, hoof fight for second ball, hoof lose the ball, hoof straight to their keeper. Football really isn't that difficult, just pass it, and move into space.

I think we must have watched 2 different games....

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I thought we played well tonight other than that killer final ball. Personally would have liked to have seen Lambert & Defoe start tonight with Rooney sitting behind them

Not to sure we had any real Plan A......least alone a Plan B............Sturridge was shite! have to say I was really disappointed in the whole lack of effort..........also I am far from a Hodgson fan .....

Feb 14, 2010
I think we must have watched 2 different games....

Down our left hand side in particular our full back spent all game smacking it aimlessly up to nobody and giving away possession. Fooking useless, just pass the bloody thing and stop smacking it to nobody. Down the right we were better.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
**** it, I am pretty happy with the way we are going, but then I don't expect us to beat teams like Germany, are we now going to slag off England because they got beaten by the better team? Time for some fans to grow up and accept that we are not world beaters. As long as we compete and the players are proud to wear the shirt, which they do appear to be now, that'll do for me.

At least we are TRYING to play football, we're just not as good at it as teams like Germany.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here