Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Germany

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Do Englandfans/+ members have to buy tickets or is it optional?

I'm effectively guaranteed access to the Irish equivalent when Lansdowne Road is open - was at the top of the queue, more or less (300 or so) and I'm in the temporary one for when we're using the far bigger Croke Park - but I'll be OBLIGED to buy tickets for all competitive fixtures. Which could be a pain in the arse for, say, the Faroes on a wet tuesday night, or similar - no way to shift the tickets if I can't go.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I was at the last England v. Germany game at Wembley

0-1 unfortunately, but it did pave the way for the Super Swede to take the reins, and the rest, as they say, is history

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I just got e-mail confirmation I was successful in balott for Israel game. Also waiting on results for Russia game 4 days later which is due by 16th July.

1st time I've attempted to get england tickets and I only entered the balott out of curiousity a couple of days before it closed.

Just wondering whether to take up the tickets or not. Or am I generally quite fortunate to get a ticket alocated cos it wouldn't happen too often and shouldn't waste the chance?

:shrug:

Don't really know how all this balott thing works................?

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
I just got e-mail confirmation I was successful in balott for Israel game. Also waiting on results for Russia game 4 days later which is due by 16th July.

1st time I've attempted to get england tickets and I only entered the balott out of curiousity a couple of days before it closed.

Just wondering whether to take up the tickets or not. Or am I generally quite fortunate to get a ticket alocated cos it wouldn't happen too often and shouldn't waste the chance?

:shrug:

Don't really know how all this balott thing works................?

Once the hoo haa about Wembley being new dies down and England play at the current standard, i think the rush for tickets will die down, and you will just be able to buy as normal, dont really think they will sell 90,000 for a friendly against say Sweden or Columbia.

I was lucky in the ballot for the Germany game, got 2 tickets, but didnt get any for the Israel game.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
good stuff.

I wasn't really holding any expectation, thinking there would be over 100,000 in the balott plus the 40,000+ who are paid members with priority.

It's made me think there's quite a realistic possibility of getting tix through this balott, although I'm not sure what the chances actually are though...?

Anyoneadvice on what price band to go for? Obviously you get what you pay for but I'd settle for one of the £30 tickets if it's a half decent view

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've only seen one England game, that was v Austria in the WC Qualifiers (Beckham saw red, Lampard scored a pen, the only goal of the game)

Cost me £50 (travel to OT included). I wasn't complaining, especially as I was sat 11 rows from the front on halfway

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
good stuff.

I wasn't really holding any expectation, thinking there would be over 100,000 in the balott plus the 40,000+ who are paid members with priority.

It's made me think there's quite a realistic possibility of getting tix through this balott, although I'm not sure what the chances actually are though...?

Anyoneadvice on what price band to go for? Obviously you get what you pay for but I'd settle for one of the £30 tickets if it's a half decent view

it will be at the back of hte upper tier, so players will be a bit small but its ok. I go for £40 [£35 with discount] tickets everytime

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here