Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v France

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
You really don't know much about football do you?

I'd say I know quite a lot about football, cheers.

I'm talking about this match. Not his commitment to England in whole.
He's obviously shown more passion in previous game, then most players.

In this game, which I am referring too, he has given the ball away two or three times, and has just shrugged his shoulders, wondered back, and allowed the player to start an attack. Perhaps he has the same mind set as me; it's a pointless international friendly, and he'd rather not be there. Perhaps he'll suddenly turn it round and spank in a 30 yarder. But at that time, thats the impression I got.

But cheers for a good counter opinion.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Every time England serve up the same dross I just find myself getting happier and happier.

I don't support a Premiership team therefore with every passing game/scandal/court case my allegiance drifts further and further away from the XI overpaid fat arsed talentless tossers that seemingly cant even be bothered to sing the national anthem.

Long may it continue so that we can keep watching proper football where it matters.

Who are you going to support when brighton get into the premiership then???[/B]

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
wow

and I thought last night was poor

Has an Italian manager really sunk so low as to get our international team playing this style of football or is it the extent of our talent?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why do they still boo? What's wrong with those oafs. This isn't the strongest England team by a mile, and we're playing against a much better team.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That 45 minutes was probably the most comprehensive and damning admonishment of everything English football stands for I have ever seen. Utter embarassment.

Shoot the FA and put Gus in charge.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Gus needs to show our lads a video of this match. This is what can be achieved with intelligent possession football, with players who are comfortable on the ball.

I'm enjoying the match, its just a shame its the French playing football not us.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That 45 minutes was probably the most comprehensive and damning admonishment of everything English football stands for I have ever seen. Utter embarassment.

Shoot the FA and put Gus in charge.

This is an England team missing Hart, Johnson (debatable), Cole, Terry, Lampard, Adam Johnson and Rooney.

The France team is just missing Evra (replaced by a Barcelona left back) and Diaby (rubbish anyway). What do you expect when we play a handful of reserves and debutants against a strongest team from a decent side? These France players are decent individually and are being moulded into a good team by a good manager. We have none of those things.

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Everything that is wrong with the way English football is played is being demonstrated here. Totally wasteful in possession with a hoofball style being the only way we are able to play, poor decisions from every single player, lack of pace upfront and simply put - Technically not good enough. Joleon Lescott with the ball at his feet is like watching a caveman trying to control a big rock which has been set on fire. Awful.

France have done pretty well, keeping the ball and knocking it about nicely, positive play and causing us problems. They seem to be coming on well under Laurent Blanc and it's a far cry to how bad they were under Domenech.

The most fustrating thing is, we've not made them work for their lead at all. They haven't broken sweat.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This is an England team missing Hart, Johnson (debatable), Cole, Terry, Lampard, Adam Johnson and Rooney.

The France team is just missing Evra (replaced by a Barcelona left back) and Diaby (rubbish anyway). What do you expect when we play a handful of reserves and debutants against a strongest team from a decent side? These France players are decent individually and are being moulded into a good team by a good manager. We have none of those things.
That might seem like an attractive argument if you've never seen an England game before.

Players with touch, intelligence, vision, tactical flexibility - England have none of these things, and never will if things don't change from the bottom up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here