Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

england v czech republic final

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
think the czech's will get found out before the final but would love to play them in the final

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
england 2 france 1.

rooney zidane
beckham

july 4th

Last edited:

donuts

Feb 16, 2004
essex
no we play the winners from group c (likely to be sweden or denmark) or the runners up from group d. (germany, holland or latvia

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
donuts said:
no we play the winners from group c (likely to be sweden or denmark) or the runners up from group d. (germany, holland or latvia

ahh ok- id rather play one of them than czh, their attack is worrying, but portugal have figo and ronaldo on the wings :(

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
They slipped up against Greece though.

(do you see what I did there? Huh? Huh? *Coat*)

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

I have a feeling France's luck is going to run out at some point. I can see the Czechs beating them. I am worried about Portugal - they looked great against Spain, though maybe Spain let them.

If we're to win this, both Beckham & Owen need to start playing. Also, John Terry seriously needs to improve

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think people are getting seriously carried away here. We've done well to get through so far and we can certainly go further but there are some tough games ahead.

Yes, we beat Switzerland and Croatia comfortably, but neither of them is a top team. In our one match against a world-class team; we lost. I do fear that we could be the Graeme Hick of international football, thrash the poor teams and lose to the good ones.

Although I do feel more confident with Sven there. We seem to be able to pull something out of the hat when it's needed.

But talk of finals is premature I reckon. There are some good teams around. Czech R, Sweden and Italy have done little wrong; Holland can play like geniuses if they want to;France are slowly waking up, and Portugal are beginning to gain the benefits of home advantage. If England are to win it, they are going to have to beat three of those teams - that's a big task.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As I have said previously we can beat Portugal as the burden as hosts is proving cumbersome for them.

However certain players must start contributing more than at present.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I took 50/1 at the start of the tournament on an England - Czech final. My mates said i was mad. Looking a good bet now.

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
I agree with Gwylan - talk of getting to the final is premature in the extreme. Hasn't anyone bothered to check our past record in tournaments?

This team may be promising, and may get even better if certain players pick their game up - but the same applies to the other teams, except perhaps the Czech Rep. who already look on top form after the Holland game.

Every time we make it into competitions we all seem to get sucked into a national fervour full of unrealistic expectations.

Portugal will have the whole nation behind them on Thursday, and that can prove decisive, as South Korea proved for so long in the last WC.

So steady everyone - lets just take this one game at a time...and Sven - get the boys to practice defending set pieces please!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
ashley cole is gonna need to have a good game on thursday to keep ronaldo quiet

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Ashley Cole worries me. He was at fault for both their goals last night. I think he's the weak link in the team, because he play's in an exposed position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here