NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've just been given free tickets for the match

Sounds about right. Personally I'd need a few quid on top as well. :lol:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Surely you would support England no matter what? Isn't just liking them when they are good a form of glory hunting?

The last time England were good was 1996, anyway that's not the issue. For me I don't connect with any of the players, in actual fact I dislike most of them. The quality of football is nothing close to Champions League and now BHA are doing better, not languishing in the bottom 2 tiers, I find myself dreaming about about getting into the Premier League, not winning the World Cup

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The last time England were good was 1996, anyway that's not the issue. For me I don't connect with any of the players, in actual fact I dislike most of them. The quality of football is nothing close to Champions League and now BHA are doing better, not languishing in the bottom 2 tiers, I find myself dreaming about about getting into the Premier League, not winning the World Cup

This.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
instead pledging allegiance to Germany/Spain due to some dodgy family link.

I have always believed following something/someone based on your place of birth is absurd and rather arbitrary.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:rolleyes: They're throwing in a couple of meals as well - saves me having to wash up tonight

:Smile: Now that might even tempt me. Enjoy.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
..maybe once upon a time it would have interested people, 30, 40 years ago

but these days it's just Arsenal vs. Chelsea.

FA......get a life, you sad, sad, misguided tragic people.

Really??? Get a life as in playing against Brazil ahead of the World Cup, IN Brazil?

Or as in celebrating the FA's year long celebration by a home fixture against possibly the biggest iconic football team in international football?

How is it like Aresnal V Chelsea? They play eachother at least twice a season, more if they meet in the cup.....England V Brazil is hardly a repetitive fixture!?

And Yawn!! Yeah you're right, nobody is interested.....except the 90,000 inside a sold out Wembley Stadium tonight....

I'm sorry, but ridiculous thread and by posting how boring you find the fixture and unintersting without actually posting a question or a debate, actually proves your own point wrong, you are interested in it. So interested you took the time to start a thread about it!!!!!!

,.........rant over.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
England Home & Away
Brighton Home & Away.

In the blood, can't change that.

I do hate the band.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I do get angry with the commentators long time love-in with Brazil. Yes they were good in the 60's and 70's but these days they're just another team. All you hear are superlatives and swooning over their magical abilities, often at odds with what I'm actually watching unfold in front of me.... And breathe

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It really REALLY annoys me on this forum that some people refuse to support England because they haven't done well in recent years and they are not very trendy, instead pledging allegiance to Germany/Spain due to some dodgy family link. Presumably the same people that have a go at United fans born in Surrey.

By all means feck off and glory support Germany/Spain but don't fill threads about England with blitherings about how they're not very good alluding to a smugness about how great Spain/Germany. England are a decent national team that are not quite good enough to win major tournaments, some of us can accept that and support regardless.

This! And, in general, why are people so hooked on being 10% Italian and 2% Swiss etc. why can't people just be proud to be English?

Surely you would support England no matter what? Isn't just liking them when they are good a form of glory hunting?

All spot on, of course. I made the mistake of likening many on heres support to plastic Man U fans - it didn't go down well. Truth hurts.

COME ON ENGLAND!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Seriously, why are ITV bigging this game up? Does anyone really give a f*** about this game? I'd honestly MUCH rather watch Coronation Street.

I can see your mistake Sim, you've been watching ITV out of CHOICE. I wasn't aware the Brazil game was on until the guy next to me at work told me on Monday, and I haven't seen a single advert for it.

I'll probably watch it in between doing the dinner and other stuff.

Friendlies, even against Brazil, don't interest me much really.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Zzzzzzzzzzzz, wasn't funny the first time.

So, in other news, German football is completely bent. What you reckon bout that?

English football isn't whiter than white! I have it on good authority that one the the parents who acted as linesman in the Fishersgate Flyers versus West Hove Dynamo's U9s game at Victoria Park last Sunday, deliberately didn't flag for a blatantly off side winning goal because he had wagered £ 5 million on the result with an off shore betting syndicate, possibly the Tiads or the Yardies or the Cosa Nostra.
He has now vacated his bed sit on Boundry Rd and is sitting on a beach in the Seychelles sipping a strawberry daiquiri and being noshed off by a local beauty.

Oct 11, 2005
London
It's not clever any more you idiots. Don't you understand that supporting club and country goes hand in hand.

All these comments of 'I don't connect with the England players' etc. What are you taking about!? How are they any different from Albion players!?? FFS we have two England players in our current back four.

I'll be there tonight supporting England and I'll be there on Saturday supporting the Albion.

Come on England!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here