Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 299-8 from 50 overs

Trott 102
Prior 67
Yardy 39*

Australia aren't going to make it.

Australia lead the series 3-1 with 3 to play.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They could still do this! Oh dear Titanic, what have you done!?

Hopefully make the series a little bit more interesting. Lost interest a bit as I am not a huge fan of ODIs. I see Luke Wright has been binned.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Our new tactic of only playing three proper bowlers look's to be working well

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Is this the longest into a cricket match a thread has been started? :lolol:

Watched from between 8 and 10 and we looked like a different team to the past few ODI's.
(apart from KP hilariously messing up in the field)

Our new tactic of only playing three proper bowlers look's to be working well

They now seem to have abandoned their policy of looking to the World Cup in favour of actually competing in the series; unfortunately I think all it's likely to do is confuse their thinking for the tournament.

I can't see them playing only two pace bowlers there, and they will surely play two spinners, in which case they are looking at playing 5 frontline bowlers (including Yardy), with Collingwood (if he plays) as a 6th bowler. That means Yardy at 7, and they need to work out who their first choice 6 batsmen are. Collingwood brings a lot in attitude, bowling and fielding, but he's not likely to get a lot of runs (assuming he doesn't undergo some magical transformation in the next month). If he's not going to play in India, I don't think he should be playing well. I find it bizarre that they have dropped Tredwell after only one game, when he needs to feel wanted in the run up to the WC, when he's likely to get a game at the very least against some of the lesser nations and could play a hell of a lot more if Swann doesn't recover.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
bloody hell we WON!, 3-1 with 3 to play

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't like Tredwell he's very average, if Swann's not fit then i'd play an extra batsmen and have Trott/KP/Wright make up the overs

I don't like Tredwell he's very average, if Swann's not fit then i'd play an extra batsmen and have Trott/KP/Wright make up the overs

I agree, I don't understand why he's in the squad. But he is, and he'll be going as the third spinner. If you don't play him when one of the spinners drops out, what's the point in taking him? May as well have taken Bopara or Tremlett, at least they'd have a chance of getting in the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here