Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England U21's

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Simster said:
And when one day you actually find someone happy to call you a friend, it's the sort of choice you're going to have to make.

:D

down a bar having a few bevvies with myself

or

going to a shite under 21 friendly with a load of little brats blowing whistles and chucking foam hands about and actually paying for the privalege.

Tough choice

:wave:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
dwayne said:
Wonder how many people on this board could name the teams in our group of the top of their heads?

:ohmy:

Its a play-off game for a start, but as far as i gather it was all the teams that the main national team had to play plus germany

E

enigma

Thought about going to this, but couldn't be arsed to trek up to Tottenham when its this cold. Shame though, should be a good atmosphere and its cheap to get in.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm going. Not got a ticket yet so getting there early to get to the ticket office. Is it still only £10 for all parts of the ground? According to the FA site there are 6000 pay on the gate tickets going on sale at 6pm so should get will get one (touch wood).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut is there, near the French goal.

Seasider

Jul 9, 2003
Maidenhead
went along, bumper crowd bout 34,000 i believe, kieran richardson is awful if he gets in the world cup squad will be stunned

first half was well dull, game picked up considerably after the french scored. Heard the funniest chant ever in response to a french dive, by a group of school kids
'shame on you, shame on you'

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Just got back myself aswell!!

Attendence was around 34,450 mark!!

Richardson did not do very well in an attacking central midfield role, much better on the left where he normally plays!! Milner is absolute gash - I couldn't believe my eye becuase he looks good on tv, he also has very little pace!!

On a positive note, I thought Dawson had a great game and looks very promising for the future!!

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Thought Dawson played very well - as ever; the boy is going to be a star...
Ferdinand too in the first half though looked a little too relaxed sometimes second half.
Richardson was poor, wanted too many touches every time but gave the ball away too sloppily. Pleasantly surprised by Milner in the first half, all our best moves came through him on the right rather than when we tried to ping the ball down the centre to two very lacklustre-looking centre-forwards.
Overall, though, despite a few disappointing individual performances, we were well worth at least a draw. Though the French showed occasional glimpses of being able to coast ahead if they only really wanted to...
Great atmosphere at the Lane tonight, seemed mostly Spurs fans too - almost had to bite my tongue to stop the England chants coming out with the word "Spurs" or else "Yid Army" instead...
Only main differences seemed the chants sounding a few semitones higher-pitched, and too, too TOO many very annoying horns being tooted... :dunce:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
And no f***ing beer!!

I mean what is the world coming to, an international football match at a lovely stadium on a friday night and no Beer :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here