Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England U21 v Italy U21 ko 19.45

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
JFC off but looked tidier than Chalobah (who was shocking). Ings dreadful, no touch and Butland is a disaster waiting to happen.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not sure JFC was any worse than Chalobah. Lingard looks dangerous, otherwise England have looked poor.

Last edited:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
The commentators all having a go at JFC but he was better than half of the players out there and has Loftus-Cheek made a difference no. If they are going to have a go at anyone the whole defence has been awful.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Shocking performance. Lingard has been the best performer for us. Wish we could get him back but assume he'll end up at Derby if anywhere.

3rd goal was disgusting defending I'm afraid...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Kane and Ings have been absolutely shocking today, Kane does unfortunately look like he's playing as an individual out there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The commentators all having a go at JFC but he was better than half of the players out there and has Loftus-Cheek made a difference no. If they are going to have a go at anyone the whole defence has been awful.

JFC is nowhere near international class I'm afraid, although I agree there were others having just as bad a game. Summed it up when there was 10 seconds to go in first half and he passed sideways and the red blew the whistle. Where's the thinking!!? Comms were right - too many players doing the boring stuff and nobody having a real go and showing attacking flair...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Kane and Ings have been absolutely shocking today, Kane does unfortunately look like he's playing as an individual out there.

Agreed. And he has no right to be like that. One good season overall - well one very purple patch in a season. Team game. Can't see Kane doing the same next season unfortunately - as I want him to do it for England!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It's like watching the senior team..... Bloody pointless and boring....

Never thought I would say this but..... The bloody women's team show far more passion than any of the men's teams...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Such high hopes and then Southgate goes and rotates too much. Kane was dreadful the whole tournament

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Depressing news they've gone out.

Plenty of time to get back to practising.

Oh, and perhaps we could focus more on grass roots and so give our youngsters a real chance to break into the professional teams that we have here.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Such high hopes and then Southgate goes and rotates too much. Kane was dreadful the whole tournament

Kane isn't dreadful, but he isn't God's gift to football either and that's the way our ridiculous media have positioned him. Another over-hyped youngster who'll now suffer from the pressure.

Then again, I suppose it's just a symptom of our top flight having so few English players in it. When one pops up, we suffocate him with hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here