Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England u19's: Extended delays expected to P&R and Bennetts Field post match

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
read on.......

On Thursday, the Amex hosts England's under-19s match. The game is a sell-out, and because it was not in the season schedule there are changes to the transport arrangements that will affect your journeys to and from the stadium, so please read the following information carefully.

Buses (but not football specials) and train services are running full matchday services but please note club travel vouchers will not be accepted so fares will need to be paid. Football special bus services from Shoreham-by-Sea, Portslade, and Rottingdean will not be running so please make alternative arrangements if you usually use one of these services.

All of the club's park & ride sites will be operating as usual. They will be open from 5.30pm with return services running for at least 90 minutes after the game. There will be a charge of £5 per car to use these park & ride sites. A permit can be bought by calling the club's customer services team on 0845 873 0251 or by visiting one of the club shops.

All available near-site parking (Sussex University, Bennett's Field) must be pre-purchased at £15 per car. There is limited parking available for this match so book a space as soon as possible. If you do not have a permit you will be redirected towards the nearest park & ride sites. This may mean that you will miss the start of the game.

Coach travel is also available from towns and villages across Sussex via our travel partners Seagull Travel. Please call 0845 9011 442 or visit their website Seagull Travel | Stage Door Tickets to book onto one of their coach services.

We are also welcoming thousands of boys and girls from schools and football clubs from all over the south-east. Many are planning to use coaches and minibuses. This may cause some delays to journeys home after the game, especially for those using near stadium parking or the park & ride.

At most matches there are queues of about 40 minutes for all transport services after the game. These queues will probably be a little longer after this game due to the high number of new guests who will be visiting us so we ask fans to be patient. Please bear this in mind when planning your journey home.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think the stadium will be anywhere near full.

The tickets might have sold out but that's because it's more cost effective to buy ten tickets than a couple, therefore people have gone out, picked up ten tickets, and will give them to whichever mates take them. I can easily see people deciding not to go at late notice, because they will hardly lose anything by doing so.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

The tickets might have sold out but that's because it's more cost effective to buy ten tickets than a couple, therefore people have gone out, picked up ten tickets, and will give them to whichever mates take them. I can easily see people deciding not to go at late notice, because they will hardly lose anything by doing so.

Agree 100% I reckon 13-14k max

Perhaps the Club/Azure should offer all unsold food at half price AFTER the game, to encourage people to stay?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I hope they get this Chicken Balti Pie / Chicken Pie confusion sorted as well.

It could prove embarrassing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Agree 100% I reckon 13-14k max

Perhaps the Club/Azure should offer all unsold food at half price AFTER the game, to encourage people to stay?

If this is correct I would be a bit fecked off as I wanted to take the mrs to this game and couldn't get a ticket

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I cant see more than 14k either, as said, a lot of the tickets have been given away to schools etc, which will mean not all will be used.

For the information of any disabled fans attending the game ... the accessible minibus service WILL be running between Sussex University car park and the stadium. Usual pick-up places at each end.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007

This sadly will be spot on.

Was tempted to buy 100 tickets & just sit in the middle of the allocation with my feet up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here