Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England to wear all red against Germany

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Excellent

On another note from the same article I see it was a fan from Palace who went into the dressing room after the Algeria game

Pavlos Joseph, 32, from Crystal Palace, south-east London, will appear at a special World Cup court in Cape Town where he is due to go on trial charged with trespassing.

At a previous hearing, he was banned from attending future World Cup matches, his passport was withheld, and he was released on 500 rand bail.

Joseph said he was looking for a toilet after the Algeria match when a security guard sent him in the direction of the players' tunnel.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I genuinely didn't know.

What's your problem?

It was mentioned about red for Germany (as we are the away team for coming second in our group) on a different thread (tho not actually a thread title) and I know how much you love the "F" word!

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Probably going with my girlfriend as she's from Devon... Why would it be cancelled?

Bitch. Well, the other games too then...James can drive in a few months though so that's cool.

Something about an International break on that weekend..and Pymouth have potentially 5 Internationals..there was a thread somewhere.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
what the f*** is this all about then....???

all red, brilliant i shall wear my l/e lonsdale t with my indigo g-stars and my old nikes.....defo won't be wearing my beckenbauers.....(or what ever his fuckin name is)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why ALL-red? Is Cappello paid so much we can't afford a washer woman? My theory is someone's put the red socks in with the white shorts on a hot wash and the colours have run.

<Reminder - we wore white in Germany when we did them 5-1. The red thing is bollocks. We might as well get Russell Grant and Derek Acorah into the dressing room beforehand.>

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Why ALL-red? Is Cappello paid so much we can't afford a washer woman? My theory is someone's put the red socks in with the white shorts on a hot wash and the colours have run.

<Reminder - we wore white in Germany when we did them 5-1. The red thing is bollocks. We might as well get Russell Grant and Derek Acorah into the dressing room beforehand.>

The German's as home team have first choice over their kits. They chose their home kit (white shorts, black shorts, white socks). Therefore England should be wearing their usual away kit. However, the players allegadly have stated their preference for the red shorts as a good luck omen.

If they think it helps them, it is good by me.

I'll be cheering for the ALL REDS on Sunday.

england-v-slovenia-watched-by-ten-million-in-uk-$7065075$300.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Does this mean we get to play in all-blue if Terry gets the armband back?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We have not been knocked out of a tournament wearing red since 1970.

FACT.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
The German's as home team have first choice over their kits. They chose their home kit (white shorts, black shorts, white socks). Therefore England should be wearing their usual away kit. However, the players allegadly have stated their preference for the red shorts as a good luck omen.

If they think it helps them, it is good by me.

I'll be cheering for the ALL REDS on Sunday.

england-v-slovenia-watched-by-ten-million-in-uk-$7065075$300.jpg

They'll be wearing TWO pairs of shorts and NO top? :bowdown:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We beat them in Euro 2000 wearing RED.

Funnily enough the most successful club teams in Britain wear RED.

And yes Im resisting mentioning the 66 WC win.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
They'll be wearing TWO pairs of shorts and NO top? :bowdown:

The Germans are hard like that, innit.*

*every post I have made today has been either factually incorrect or generally shithouse... maybe I should stop!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
We have not been knocked out of a tournament wearing red since 1970.

FACT.

That sir, is exactly what I want to hear. Along with the fact that the match is on the beeb, the omens are good.

I also happen to like the all red strip we wore against Slovenia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here