albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Green
P Jones J Lescott P Jagielka L Baines

J Milner S Gerrard S Parker S Downing

A Young

A Carroll

Thought it would be an ideal time to unleash the OXO cube, we haven't won in this stadium since 1966!!!,

P.S. If Rob Green is the 3rd best keeper in England we have serious problems!!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Green

A Young

A Carroll

Thought it would be an ideal time to unleash the OXO cube, we haven't won in this stadium since 1966!!!,

You mean 2nd

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Green was picked as 3rd choice, behind Ruddy I think who has broken his finger.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Green was picked as 3rd choice, behind Ruddy I think who has broken his finger.

You really think that if Hart got injured or sent off at the Euros we'd pick never capped Ruddy over multi-capped Green?

Green made one mistake but is still a quality 'keeper.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
You really think that if Hart got injured or sent off at the Euros we'd pick never capped Ruddy over multi-capped Green?

Green made one mistake but is still a quality 'keeper.

This

Green was easily the best keeper in the championship this year, by a huge margin

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Ruddy was in line to play tonight til he got injured so I guess if he played well he would have secured the number 2 berth. Green..."quality keeper", ffs you're only as good as your last game eh?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would also start Jagielka alongside Cahill but probably Terry will start with Cahill. When I tried to use the post a as a quote it changed Barry to Parker so assume that JBrizzle realised his mistake and amended it.

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ruddy was in line to play tonight til he got injured so I guess if he played well he would have secured the number 2 berth. Green..."quality keeper", ffs you're only as good as your last game eh?

Ruddy playing tonight would not have done anything other than ease his nerves pre-tournament. As for Green, wasn't his last game the play-off final where he made two or three crucial saves?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Green

A Young

A Carroll

So,we have a lone striker up front who has scored 6 in 46 games is our new manager f***ing mental

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Ruddy playing tonight would not have done anything other than ease his nerves pre-tournament. As for Green, wasn't his last game the play-off final where he made two or three crucial saves?

Why would Hodgson pick Ruddy as No2 and Green as No3 if he had no intention of playing them in that order? As for "easing his nerves"....the second last game before a major tournament when it's your first game in charge....are you sure!!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Why would Hodgson pick Ruddy as No2 and Green as No3 if he had no intention of playing them in that order? As for "easing his nerves"....the second last game before a major tournament when it's your first game in charge....are you sure!!

Definately! Now is the time to test untried players in case they're needed. Today is a match mainly made up of players trying to force their way into the squad. Would you rather Ruddy had his debut in a meaningless friendly or in a Euro quarter final?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
How many of this team will start the 1st game in Euros 3 or 4 at the most .

Exactly,do our managers never learn,we should by now be playing the team that will be playing in the finals to allow them to gel as a team.We will instead be playing with 11 good players that are not a team.This game is pointless Pearce should have got the job.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Definately! Now is the time to test untried players in case they're needed. Today is a match mainly made up of players trying to force their way into the squad. Would you rather Ruddy had his debut in a meaningless friendly or in a Euro quarter final?

I agree, but given the fact that in Green's last game for England he made a calamitous mistake, was dropped and cast off into the international wilderness for 2 years he would be just as much in need of an 'easing of the nerves' as Ruddy.
I guess we'll never know who the real No2 was but I don't share your confidence in Green, I've seen him several times this year and I think he is at best 'ordinary', and at worst sh**t!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here