Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Squad

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Full squad: Robinson (Tottenham), James (Portsmouth),Carson (Liverpool, on loan at Aston Villa), Richards (Man City), Brown (Man Utd), Ferdinand (Man Utd), Terry (Chelsea), A Cole (Chelsea), P Neville (Everton), Campbell (Portsmouth), Lescott (Everton), Shorey (Reading), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Gerrard (Liverpool), Barry (Aston Villa), J Cole (Chelsea), Downing (Middlesbrough), Lampard (Chelsea), Young (Aston Villa), Bentley (Blackburn), Owen (Newcastle), Rooney (Man Utd), Smith (Newcastle), Ashton (West Ham), Defoe (Tottenham), Johnson (Everton), Crouch (Liverpool)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hmmm, not bad, would like to see Brown, Defoe, Johnson, Smith, Downing etc cut loose and others given a chance.

But I seem to say that every time.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Hmmm, not bad, would like to see Brown, Defoe, Johnson, Smith, Downing etc cut loose and others given a chance.

But I seem to say that every time.

I absolutely agree. I would like to have seen Green in for Robinson, who is playing shite & is very overweight.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
no surprises and not much in the way of a feelgood factor given the number of the squad who are either unfit or completely out of form.

Still, there were few other options realistically.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
green has easily been the best english goalkeeper this season and robinson has easily been one of the worst. so why is robinson in the squad and green isnt!!!:rant:

I would have suggested that maybe playing for a bunch of cheats who bought their way into staying in the premiership doesn't always pay dividends.........but Ashton has been selected so guess that doesn't apply :D

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
plus Neville.

6 players none of whom are worthy of the title 'England International'. Never have been, never will be.
Generally I'd probably agree with you but we are lacking defensive midfielders with Hargreaves (and to a lesser extent Carrick) out and I think that is actually his bets position.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I absolutely agree. I would like to have seen Green in for Robinson, who is playing shite & is very overweight.

Not sure he is overweight.

And whilst I think it maybe time for him to be dropped for club and country, I would rather see Carson.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I see fat frank is in the squad....I for one hope he sticks as near as he can( with injuries) to the last few games. Those players have dragged us back into this competition.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I see fat frank is in the squad....I for one hope he sticks as near as he can( with injuries) to the last few games. Those players have dragged us back into this competition.

I agree 100%

But I will be shocked if we do.

Owen and Heskey being out has made it easy for Mcclaren to recall the free scoring Rooney...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure he is overweight.

And whilst I think it maybe time for him to be dropped for club and country, I would rather see Carson.

Whilst Robinson is not in great form, I am not convinced any of the others are the answer at present. Carson is still very young and has not played that many club games (and near to none for the club that owns him) and yet people are calling for him to replace Robinson. Is he in great form or is it just the knives are out for Robinson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here