Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Squad anyone ?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Full list to avoid confusion

England squad: Carson (Aston Villa), James (Portsmouth), Kirkland (Wigan); Bridge (Chelsea), Brown (Manchester United), A Cole (Chelsea), C Davies (Aston Villa), Ferdinand (Manchester United) G Johnson (Portsmouth), King (Tottenham), Lescott (Everton), Richards (Manchester City), Shorey (Reading), Upson (West Ham), Woodgate (Tottenham); Barry (Aston Villa), Bentley (Blackburn), Carrick (Manchester United), J Cole (Chelsea), Downing (Middlesbrough), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Manchester United), Jenas (Tottenham), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Young (Aston Villa); Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Crouch (Liverpool), Heskey (Wigan), Owen (Newcastle), Rooney (Manchester United).

I thought McClaren was sacked ?

Why is he still picking the squad ?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Jesus, Wes Brown!! How the f*** does he do it?

Davies and Johnson are a surprise but the former is one for the future and the other is a decent option as RB back up.

I imagine some will be dropped from that squad to reduce numbers at some point. Especially as we have 9 players who can play at CB.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Jesus, Wes Brown!! How the f*** does he do it?

Davies and Johnson are a surprise but the former is one for the future and the other is a decent option as RB back up.

I imagine some will be dropped from that squad to reduce numbers at some point. Especially as we have 9 players who can play at CB.

I find it a bit odd that Upson is back in there as well.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
West Ham have one of the best defensive records in the Premiership, he's been a rock. Main surprise to me is no Kitson or Green. And Downing is still in.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005

Apparently he has been doing ok at West Ham, has a bit of experience and is a left footed CB (as is Lescott but he has looked shite there for England). I know what you mean though, he's not exactly been setting the world alight this year. I imagine his will be the first name off the CB list when Terry is fit.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
why is Green not in there...IMHO he is the best keeper around at the moment

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Strange that he has picked Downing over Lennon. I know who I would rather have in the squad.

On a side note, it has only just dawned on me as to how camp Lennon looks when running about.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Good to see so many faces in the squad from the supposed "second best team in England", only missing off the top of the Premiership on goal difference.

Jan 29, 2008
The real question is why isn't Aaron Lennon in the squad, he has been immense this season far better than SWP and Bentley

My question to you is, what has Lennon ever won , what big games has he has an effect in an, and what can you say he has ever done to be worthy of the this England position. If flattering to deceive was his role than he would be perfect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here