Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
IMG_3327.jpeg

“You’ll always be second to Maguire and any Palace defender who is English.”

“Then why the **** have you wasted my time bringing me here this week?”

“Brighton are doing well, even I can admit that Lewis. We want you to tell us how you’ve done it and also, train with Colwill as he personally requested you join the squad. You should think yourself lucky that Mings is injured as you wouldn’t be here otherwise.“

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Maguire and Dunk would not work. For all of Dunk’s qual, speed is not one of them - he does make up for his speed in reading the game. Maguire doesn’t have pace either.
can you imagine Dunk playing the ball out from the back passing to Maguire in i tight position who panics not being used to this way of playing… disaster! However if Dunk plays alongside Colwill it all works

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Maguire and Dunk would not work. For all of Dunk’s qual, speed is not one of them - he does make up for his speed in reading the game. Maguire doesn’t have pace either.
can you imagine Dunk playing the ball out from the back passing to Maguire in i tight position who panics not being used to this way of playing… disaster! However if Dunk plays alongside Colwill it all works
Ill send £20 to the REMF if he starts with Colwill and Dunk.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As lovely as it would be you can’t play Dunk & Maguire due to lack of pass with them both.

You can’t really either pay Colwill & Dunk or Dunk & Guehi in a competitive game due to lack of experience

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
As lovely as it would be you can’t play Dunk & Maguire due to lack of pass with them both.

You can’t really either pay Colwill & Dunk or Dunk & Guehi in a competitive game due to lack of experience
Where is Dunks lack of experience... Dunk has been playing against some of the best attacking players the world has to offer, week in week out,.... rarely getting bested, he has years of experience....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If you I can’t play Dunk and Colwill in this game I’m not really sure how you expect either of them to get experience at any point. Maguire was a shambles when he came on for United

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
If you I can’t play Dunk and Colwill in this game I’m not really sure how you expect either of them to get experience at any point. Maguire was a shambles when he came on for United
Maguire will be a shambles today too... hopefully we will pocket two or three goals before Maguire concedes his inevitable penalty/own-goal/glaring error... or combination of all three.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A friendly rather than a competitive game is all he's trusted with?

Come on Ukraine, you can beat this shit
I guess there’s only me and @Sheebo left but I’m English and I support the national team. I don’t just suddenly start my interest when they get to the quarter finals of a big tournament and all my mates are suddenly off to the pub, faces painted. I want us to win qualifiers and friendlies too. I’ve got mates who follow England everywhere, a mate who lost an eye in Turkey following England.

I watched us under Hyypia, Case, Hinshlewood. Hopeless coaches selecting hopeless players. At no point did I post “come on Barnet / Port Vale / Blackpool you can beat this shit”.

I’m sure you’ll get loads of trendy likes, but ultimately devoting yourself to a club cause beyond your own nationality and culture leads to where Newcastle fans were last night, decked in Saudi shirts and cheering on bloodthirsty princes.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Why to some on hear think he is some sort of palace fan ?

He was born in Watford played more games Aston Villa and Middlesbrough than he did for palace, then managed the later, I’ve never really seen much of a connection other than playing 150 odd games for palace, it’s not like he watches palace on his Saturdays off.

I don’t know any palace fans who hold him up as some sort of palace legend, a good player but that’s about it ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Although I know we were all hopeful of Lewis getting a chance tonight, I'm surprised so many seem to believe he was going to play.

As soon as I heard the stat on caps (Maguire: 58, all the other centre-backs combined: 8), and given's Southgate's history of sticking by those he trusts, I didn't think there was a doubt that Maguire would start.

So, for me at least, it was a question of who would play alongside him and I was anticipating one of the young guns, ie Guehi or Colwill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here