Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England, Our England

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Erm, well...just off the top of my head I would suggest that certain French, Polish, Russian, Belgium soldiers played their part in a couple of quite big Wars we were involved in.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Man of Harveys said:
This "us poor little old Englanders versus the hordes over there" dogshit is everything that I thoroughly despise.

I'll tell you why you depise it, because deep down you know it's the truth!

I completely agree with the poet, we've got nothing in common with the rest of Europe so why should we join it? We've more in common with the USA, but I don't see anyone harping about us becoming the United States?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Richie Morris said:
Erm, well...just off the top of my head I would suggest that certain French, Polish, Russian, Belgium soldiers played their part in a couple of quite big Wars we were involved in.

So that was done purely for our benefit?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Arthur said:
I'll tell you why you depise it, because deep down you know it's the truth!

You're very dull, arrogant and wrong.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Arthur said:
So that was done purely for our benefit?

You ungreatful tosser. I suppose you think they should all be greatful because we helped them though dont you? The shared experiences of the wars are something that will bind certain countries for a very long time.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Man of Harveys said:
You're very dull, arrogant and wrong.

You're entitled to your opinion as I am.

I think you sum up everything that is wrong with this country today. Very few people seem to have any national pride.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Arthur said:
I think you sum up everything that is wrong with this country today.

I take that as a compliment. End of discussion.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Richie Morris said:
You ungreatful tosser. I suppose you think they should all be greatful because we helped them though dont you? The shared experiences of the wars are something that will bind certain countries for a very long time.

So you're telling me the French, Poles, Russians and who ever else you mentioned fought for ENGLAND during the two world wars?

Who being arrogant now?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They fought alongside us because of a shared desire to remove evil from Europe. Many brave Europeans died fighting alonside english troops for the same cause as us. We should be greatfulto every single one of these.

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Of matters "England", I'm very slightly amused by all these "Make Yourself an Instant England Supporter" packs that are on all the supermarket shelves at the moment. For some reason I always assumed the English were able to support England without needing Tesco to equip them for the part.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Chesney, it was because I said that there were many things for which we should be proud of, one of which being that we were the first county to abolish the trading of africans as slaves. They said I had no right saying this because I was not african and thus could not comment. The threats were minor but they tried to get me sacked from position of Editor and were telling just about everyone they could (i.e. anyone who walked into our union) that I was a racist who didnt even know the facts about slavery. The ironic thing was this was all happening in a building called 'The William Wilberforce Building' and they were arguing that we never stopped trading slaves.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Arthur said:
Tell me what any of our neighbours have done to deserve our love?

establish an airline, call it German Wings and run cheap flights from Cologne to Gatwick on Sunday morning

Seagulls flying with German wings

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Arthur said:
You're entitled to your opinion as I am.

I think you sum up everything that is wrong with this country today. Very few people seem to have any national pride.

yeah right. it'll all be a hallucination when over half the country is glued to their tellys this summer for euro 2004. and thats just one poxy example.

people like you are pathetic. if your so proud of being english what's stopping you? are you so weak willed about it you worry about what other people think? i don't, so whats the problem? this reminds me of st george's day and all the posts on here about 'being english'. half of them were just complaining! great example they were setting:lolol: someone posted an article about being english. it was very similar to that shitty poem. i had a lookat the website it was from, we are england or some such shite. with all our history and culture, that website had that moaning little article, some crappy 'england' products and a pathetic amount of books and videos for sale. 3 videos - all about war. thats a really great understanding of our culture don't you think? and all this closer to the u.s. shit makes me sick too. let me see, you don't want to be absorbed by one 'alien' culture but you don't mind the steady creeping in of all things american? where's your pride in england now? anyway, ofcourse we have a lot in common with the states - a bloody great big number of them come from a EUROPEAN culture. you say we have nothing in common with europe? - peoples,language,religion,architecture 4 fairly important things i can think of off the top of my head.

and richie i remember you making that point about slavery on nsc once and i have to say i'm not surprised they complained. what a SHIT point to make. so we benefit massively from slavery for years and years...but hey! we stopped it first. come on ffs. we only stopped a few years before other countries anyway. its not like we were centuries ahead of other nations. if i punch you in the face repeatedley but then decide to stop a little before my 'punching allowance' time is up, you gonna thank me?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here