Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Manager

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
So once again the press is lining to attack Sven and after last night it is hardly surprising,however just hwo do you replace him with? More importantly now or later? Was last night down to player power and who plays where,he just dont not seem hard enough to stand his ground. Northern Ireland wanted it more last night,i know he get plenty of stick but the defeat would have hurt Beckham,but i just dont know about some of the others.As to a new man,well i know it is very early days,but Stuart Pearce @ City,wears his heart on his sleeve and we needed that last night,and we are going to need it even more in our next two fixtures. :ascarf:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I dont believe N.I wanted it more than us.

It was down to formation and playing people out of position.

A change in my opinion is needed.

And the only AVAILABLE and good appointment is Martin O'Neill GET HIM IN.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Marshy said:

And the only AVAILABLE and good appointment is Martin O'Neill GET HIM IN.

good shout !!!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Leekbrookgull said:
So once again the press is lining to attack Sven and after last night it is hardly surprising,however just hwo do you replace him with? More importantly now or later? Was last night down to player power and who plays where,he just dont not seem hard enough to stand his ground. Northern Ireland wanted it more last night,i know he get plenty of stick but the defeat would have hurt Beckham,but i just dont know about some of the others.As to a new man,well i know it is very early days,but Stuart Pearce @ City,wears his heart on his sleeve and we needed that last night,and we are going to need it even more in our next two fixtures. :ascarf:

Too early for Pearce but the basic premise of your thread is right. Anyone who thinks Sven will be sacked before the remaining qualifiers is living in cloud cuckoo land. Last night's performance was abject but we still have to games to play two more games. If we win them, we will go through.

To all those calling for Sven's head, the key question is who is there to take over? Alan Curbishley has never even managed in Europe. Is Big Sam really a future candidate? And I don't buy the argument that the next manager has to be English. Get the best man in, whoever and whatever nationality they may be.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
How about Peter Taylor then. He's done a good job with the U21s, has managed England before when he made Beckham captain and doesn't seem to do anything embarassing in his personal life.

Paul Jewell could also be a future manager. He seems to have motivational and team work skills in abundance and again doesn't try to shag everything that moves.

I think this experiment with a foreign manager and staff has gone far enough and shown that you can't buy success. That said, the Zimbabwean cricket coach and German rowing ones have done rather well. I guess we are stuck with the swede for the time being though.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
No problems with O'neil,but would he want it? The F A will stick with Sven for now,but win lose or draw i reckon he will leave any 06,whatever the result. We cannot go on with a man in charge that simply does appear to be able to show any passion,while England are playing (if you can call it that) we all know that with someone like Pearce or O'neil in charge,the touchline last night would with yelling out orders,and a final point what do Clemence and lee really do or provide?:falmer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here