Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England keeper beaten from 35 yards

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Yep, good old Dave James stood stock still watching as the ball went by, off a free kick from dis-dis-distance. Porstmouth now level on aggregate and not looking 'in' this match at all

and ended up shouting at his defence for the goal!

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I'm off to Wembley a week Saturday when we play Borat's lot, so hopefully he's on song then :shootself

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm off to Wembley a week Saturday when we play Borat's lot, so hopefully he's on song then :shootself

Ditto, will demand my money back if he does the same:censored:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
James looks dodgy to me this season but prob still deserves to keep England shirt due to lack of competition

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Hart looks better than James and is young. Should get his go me thinks.

rool

Jul 10, 2003

I quite fancy that as thanks to Borat I now know the words of their national anthem

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The number of mistakes he has made in recent weeks is very worrying, but who takes his place? I haven't seen enough of the others to make a proper judgement, though.

When Robinson looked dodgy we brought in Carson for his first full game against Croatia...

Slim-MCFC

Sep 23, 2008
True but City's defence ain't great.

The most concerning aspect of City at the moment is our centrehalves don't seem to be working well together.

Hart is okay, but James is a better shot stopper. I think young Joe will be top class in a few years if he can keep a part of the setup at City who knows where he will end up.

With James at 36 years old and Green at 28, it would be a great move to give Hart the job he could be keeper for 15 years, but England have long relied on experience over raw talent, so expect when James drops off the radar that Green gets the nod or Robinson comes in from the cold.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
If I was in the Pompey back four at the moment, with James behind us. I would be alittle worried, he has got off to one of his worst shaky starts in his whole entire career. But with the lack of competition for the England Goalkeeper shirt, I expect him to be playing against Borat team....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
With his injuries I doubt he could keep up with the England schedule alone.

His injury record is the issue. Of the crop of keepers he is part of (Robinson, Wright, Green, Carson etc) Kirkland is the most talented. However ever since he did his knee in at Liverpool (against Palace) he seems to be a bit of a sick note. However the last season or so, he seems to have played more games for Wigan than he has missed.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Just give Kirkland a run in the side.

has always been the best option, but injuries have ruined him. kept a ludicrous amount of clean sheets last year for a man playing for wigan

if not him, dont see what else rob green has to do to get a call up

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
James might be England keeper but I believe he conceded a hatfull to that premier$hip team with a load of money.

FDM didn't concede that many - and that includes 120 minutes AND a penalty shoot out !!

FDM :bowdown::bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here