Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England call up - who?

Who will be the next Brighton player to make the senior England squad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I've always thought it must be tough managing an international team where you have such little time to get the team working together - much better just to choose the squad from one club:

Sanchez/Walton

Lamptey - White - Dunk - Webster - March

Jenks - Weir

Lallana

Welbeck - Burn​

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
NONE -

Lamptey - too raw still but might not choose England anyway. Has he played U21?
March - one of the most improved players this year agreed but he is not a true left back and don't think his defensive capabilities will impress Southgate.
Webster - was outstanding yesterday but there is always a ricket in him (one awful pass last night he got away with) and that will be noticed.
White - most likely but have a feeling as he moves away he may be seen as jack of all trades and a master of none.
Burn - no. Just no. I love him but unless England change their tactics entirely he has no chance.

I think Dunk in still in with a shout and Sanchez may play under 21s but most likely for Spain, not England. And I think 50% of my opinion is not about the players, it's about the way England picks their teams.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
NONE -

March - one of the most improved players this year agreed but he is not a true left back and don't think his defensive capabilities will impress Southgate.
Webster - was outstanding yesterday but there is always a ricket in him (one awful pass last night he got away with) and that will be noticed.
White - most likely but have a feeling as he moves away he may be seen as jack of all trades and a master of none.
Burn - no. Just no. I love him but unless England change their tactics entirely he has no chance.

I think Dunk in still in with a shout and Sanchez may play under 21s but most likely for Spain, not England. And I think 50% of my opinion is not about the players, it's about the way England picks their teams.

Sanchez won’t play for the under 21s - he’s 23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
NONE -

Lamptey has made two appearances for England U21s. He was named in the last squad in November 2020 and started in the win over Andorra.

Sanchez no longer qualifies for U21s international football. The cut off for the current tournament cycle is players born on or after January 1st 1998. Sanchez was born in November 1997 so misses out by a couple of months.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
NONE -

Unlike the flawless Mings, Maguire, Coady and Dier?

Bring in the Webster.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Southgate likes them young. So Lamptey or White. Webster is only getting so many votes because of the comment last night.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
NONE -

Webster has a much better chance of being called up than Dunk. In fact so do White, Lamptey and March.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
White has the best chance because we signed him from The Leeds United, and as everybody knows, merely playing for The Leeds United is enough for Southgate to award you a cap, even if your entire career to date has been spent playing against Barnsley, Charlton Athletic, Millwall and Birmingham City.

Dunk won't be picked again because he's not one of Gareth's special boys, but at least he can always say he is an England international footballer. Webster should be next, but the lack of U21 caps will probably count against him. Southgate likes the ones who have come up through the England system. Lamptey has arguably the most potential, but also the most competition in James/ Alexander-Arnold/ Justin (please don't suggest Wan Bissaka is up there for one moment). The one thing Lamptey has is he is such a visible presence: his pace alone had football fans everywhere talking about him. So it may be the case that, once he's fit, there is so much noise around him, even one-eyed Palace boy Southgate can't ignore him.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Tyrone Mings - how is this absolute chancer anywhere near the England squad? Is it solely because he has a bit of pace and is left footed? Regularly out of position and his raison d'être seemed to be sweeping across to hoof it out for a throw at every opportunity, regardless of how much time and space was available. That's park football defending.

Compare and contrast with Dunk taking it down on the chest and recycling, or Burn plucking it out of the sky.

I would have single one of our centre backs above him. Southgate really is a biased ****ing idiot.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
well martinez was unanimous mom ( 9 saves) sanchez made 2 routine stops ....says it all really , southgate is an indictment of current English football culture ....average.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No one from Brighton will get picked, unless you want even more goalless games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here