Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England 'B' team

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
What would be your second string England team?

assuming that all the first team were fit.

James

Young Carragher Woodgate Bridge

Lennon Barton Lampard

Pennant Walcott

Bent

what do you think?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
to be honest that looks better then the first team...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
England B Team

Robinson

G.Neville R.Ferdinand Terry Bridge

W-Phillips Carrick Lampard Barry

Rooney Crouch

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Foster
Richards Woodgate King Bridge
Pennant Nolan Parker Barton Barry
Ashton

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
---------------Robinson-----
Neville--Woodgate--King/Lescott--Bridge
Wright-Phillips--Lampard-Parker--Bentley
--------Derbyshire--Crouch/Ashton------

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Silent Bob said:
---------------Robinson-----
Neville--Woodgate--King/Lescott--Bridge
Wright-Phillips--Lampard-Parker--Bentley
--------Derbyshire--Crouch/Ashton------

almost correct! derbyshire is QUALLA

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
1. Ben Foster

2. Micah Richards
6. Jonathan Woodgate
5. Jamie Carragher
3. Wayne Bridge

10. Shaun Wright-Phillips
8. Joey Barton
7. Michael Carrick
4. Kevin Nolan
11. Gareth Barry

9. Jermain Defoe

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
how would lampard be in B team, yer hes been out of form but so has the whole england team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd play the B team anyway, we might then end up with a decent side rather than relying on the old timers who are never up to it come the major competitions. Just count the number on here who still think Beckham should still be playing. Madness we should be building for the future even if it means missing out on Euro or WC qualification. France did it a few years ago, the rest is history

Icy Gull said:
I'd play the B team anyway, we might then end up with a decent side rather than relying on the old timers who are never up to it come the major competitions. Just count the number on here who still think Beckham should still be playing. Madness we should be building for the future even if it means missing out on Euro or WC qualification. France did it a few years ago, the rest is history

I remember after Euro '96 we lost a lot of the old guard with the aim of building towards winning the 2002 world cup. Then after fluffing that it was ok because the group of players would learn from it and be ready to lift the World Cup in 2006, plus Euro '04 along the way for good measure.
Personally, I wish we would just play our best players as this would motivate the youngsters to raise their game whilst keeping those in possession of the shirt on their toes. And yes, I think Beckham is one of our best 11 players at the moment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
I remember after Euro '96 we lost a lot of the old guard with the aim of building towards winning the 2002 world cup. Then after fluffing that it was ok because the group of players would learn from it and be ready to lift the World Cup in 2006, plus Euro '04 along the way for good measure.
Personally, I wish we would just play our best players as this would motivate the youngsters to raise their game whilst keeping those in possession of the shirt on their toes. And yes, I think Beckham is one of our best 11 players at the moment.

I think experience at international level is the key. A team of youngsters now, assuming they are genuinly talented, that will be at their peak in 4-8 years with a sprinkling of players in their mid twenties would be worth a go imo.

Out of interest what was the line up of the team post '96 and how many games were they given before panic set in and the old timers were brought back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here