And Walcott as that super sub instead of that donkey of a striker Peter Crouch

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Adriodinho said:
And Walcott as that super sub instead of that donkey of a striker Peter Crouch

But the thing is, Adrie, he ISN'T a Donkey, despite how he looks.

He has got a really good touch and there was one showboat moment from him in the second half which, if Ronaldinho had done it, everyone would have been creaming themselves.

The problem with Crouch is that (Internationally), he is better deployed as some sort of secret weapon, coming on with 25 minutes to go to give the centre-backs some problems.

In my opinion of course!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Hiney said:
But the thing is, Adrie, he ISN'T a Donkey, despite how he looks.

He has got a really good touch and there was one showboat moment from him in the second half which, if Ronaldinho had done it, everyone would have been creaming themselves.

The problem with Crouch is that (Internationally), he is better deployed as some sort of secret weapon, coming on with 25 minutes to go to give the centre-backs some problems.

In my opinion of course!

BUT the game against Argentina when this happened, proves your point is correct !!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Was at the game last night and Lennon and Crouch stood out as having good games. They have done there chances no harm. Crouch held the ball up very well and his touch and control was sublime at times. Exactly the style of player needed at the Albion.

Re-assuring performances from Campbell, Cole, Owen and James.

Steady but nothing special from Downing, Carrick (too sloppy) and Carragher. Decent Cameo from Walcott while the rest did not impress.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The old Peter Crouch Appreciation thread will be bounced when he scores a winner to take us into the semi finals.

Excellent decoy man, good touch and links up well with Gerrard. People tend to be very heightest. He changed the results of the last four full international England games (for the better) and will continue to do so, given the chance.

185 starts - 68 goals. Not a bad strike rate for a targetman/foil. He is only just 25. Benitez is a very good manager and he uses him effectively.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
this crouch arguement should also be related to the plastics thread. People who know nothing about football just slag him off , but the facts are at 6ft 7 and decent on the ground he is a must as an option B

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I thought Hargreaves was awful. he kept giving the ball away cheaply. He should not be anywhere near that squad

Ashton should be in front of Crouch in the pecking order.

Good points were Lennon and well Lennon and i suppose Owen got a run out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here