Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ENGLAND are playing tonight

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Is that true? A mate of mine made his Welsh debut in that game.

2055 England are put out of their misery as full time is called in Copenhagen. It is the first time England have conceded four goals since they lost to Wales in 1980.

From BBC!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
saafend_seagull said:
2055 England are put out of their misery as full time is called in Copenhagen. It is the first time England have conceded four goals since they lost to Wales in 1980.

Cheers. I wouldn't have guessed that.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
NMH said:
After this, I would allow myself to be gang-raped and defiled by Danish teenage girls just to show how dominated and humiliated Englishmen should feel after that result.

Me too. In a show of British solidarity, you understand.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Time for Sven to take his however many million and f*** off. However much it costs it's worth it to get rid now before a third pathetic capitulation in the 2nd phase of a big competion. If ever a manager was a candidate for "the Emperor's clothes" this negative loser is the guaranteed winner.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Give the job to Peter Taylor or a manager who appreciates that you build from the back and have more plans than plan A.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
how did defoe play?i know he played because owen will miss the wales game but was he effective/get any touches?

england are nothing without the killer instinct of michael owen in my opinion

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Icy Gull said:
Give the job to Peter Taylor or a manager who appreciates that you build from the back and have more plans than plan A.

A man who signed Adi Akinbye for £4.5million and Trevor Benjamin for £750,000.

Who gives a shit about a friendly, the Albion got stuffed by Oxford and Colchester and I did not see endless "McGhee Out" threads, with references to the fact he is SCOTTISH and not born in the BN1 post code district.

People don't like Sven because he is a bit boring and a foreigner, it says more about them than it does about him. Alan Curbishley and Sam Allardyce have won precisely nothing between them, and have zero experience of overseas/international football.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
The midfield seems just too attacking at the moment - Lampard and Gerrard both love bombing forward, and we lack defensive cover at times. Carrick and Lampard or Gerrard is the way forward methinks.

Dane Pain (Sun)
Blunderful Copenhagen (Express)

....are the two early pisspoor efforts by the tabs to capture the night.

Not a patch on Swedes and turnips, let's hope the 2nd editions do better.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
El Presidente said:
People don't like Sven because he is a bit boring and a foreigner, it says more about them than it does about him. Alan Curbishley and Sam Allardyce have won precisely nothing between them, and have zero experience of overseas/international football.
The fact that Svens a foreigner is irrelevent. If the fella could get results in games that matter, I wouldn't even care if he was SCOTTISH.

The fact that he's boring is a bit of a problem though. He can't seem to do anything at half time to galvanise the team, and he doesn't have the ability to think on his feet and make those vital changes during a game that could make all the difference. I don't even need to list examples here - we all know them.

Curbs and Allardyce have won nothing ? Maybe so, but they've turned small, unfashionable clubs into Premiership regulars on a shoestring budget. That speaks VOLUMES more than Wenger/Fergie/Mourinho's achievements in silverware with the multi-millions they've had at their disposal. You can't just measure a manager by the pots he's put in the cabinet.

We have had a couple of managers for England who have had NO 'plan B' in case things are not going well. There's several brilliant analysts who can say "we made mistakes" afterwards, but we need a manager who can see what to do DURING the game, and get his captain to translate it on the pitch.
This guy eriiksssson has little more tactical nouse than Keegan, who was a sore thumb. They both played James, which is another blindingly obvious sign that they have little clue. We really DON'T have to play one goalie for all his career like we did with Banks, Clemence, Shilton, Seaman. Managers all have trouble realising when a player is struggling, or past his best too. The bloody player himself has to retire before the manager drops him.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
NMH said:
We have had a couple of managers for England who have had NO 'plan B' in case things are not going well. There's several brilliant analysts who can say "we made mistakes" afterwards, but we need a manager who can see what to do DURING the game, and get his captain to translate it on the pitch.
This guy eriiksssson has little more tactical nouse than Keegan, who was a sore thumb. They both played James, which is another blindingly obvious sign that they have little clue. We really DON'T have to play one goalie for all his career like we did with Banks, Clemence, Shilton, Seaman. Managers all have trouble realising when a player is struggling, or past his best too. The bloody player himself has to retire before the manager drops him.

well said i feel.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't really like Sven, but I just cant see who we could replace him with. There is noone English who is experienced or successful enough, which would mean getting another foreigner. And unless we got Jose Mourinio I cant see the point in changing. I reckon he would win us the world cup, he's just the sort of character we need. None of this "We want to go as far as we can" rubbish, we want to WIN. Nothing else.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
El Presidente said:
A man who signed Adi Akinbye for £4.5million and Trevor Benjamin for £750,000.

Who gives a shit about a friendly, the Albion got stuffed by Oxford and Colchester and I did not see endless "McGhee Out" threads, with references to the fact he is SCOTTISH and not born in the BN1 post code district.

Taylor also had Leicester, briefly, top of the table and has 4 promotions in about 6 seasons of league management.

McGhee was rebuilding a team on a small budget, Sven has the pick of English players and has had years to start to put together a solid and exciting side. Unless you are going to tell me that this was an experimental team and tactics I laugh at your "only a friendly" excuse for his dull dull team losing by this score.

I don't like Sven because he is a tactically inept one trick pony of a manager who has had two opportunities to prove his worth and has fallen well short on both occasions. Brazil and Portugal were there for the taking and a half decent manager who could motivate and change tactics mid game should have won them.
His nationality is irrelevant,

You don't appear to have a single argument as to why we should keep him, just ones as to why we shouldn't get rid of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here