Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England and this Rio & Terry situation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How do you see it panning out ? For me i would go with J/T i don't think he has ever really let England down and is alway's happy to play (and so you should be) never really been a big Rio fan,alway's felt he has a 'chip on his shoulder' maybe that's just me ? :facepalm:

Never let England down? What about last world cup where he divided the squad and started speaking out about needing to talk to the manager and suggesting Joe Cole should be picked? I'm sure that went down well with whoever was playing in Cole's position and it totally undermined the captain Gerrard.

The fact you feel the need to start this thread kind of answers your question for you. If you completely drop him you will completely remove the distracting and divisive Terry side-show which has been dragging on for years now.

He's toxic, get rid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Neither really justify a place in the England side.
But then again there replacements are hardly inspiring.

Which sums up England's team/chances in a nut shell, not just for the Euro's, but every tournament this generation has played in.

I almost which 'Arry had taken the job, screwed up and given Roy a completely clear slate (with the except of Hart & Rooney) to move forward with.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Take neither. Rio isn't fit enough (but was by far the better defender), and Terry is in poor form (and a nasty, horrible person). Apparently Rio is the most popular player in the usual England squads, and there is something to be said for that in team cohesion and happiness, but if he's going to break down, it won't really work.

New manager, new(ish) team. We're not going to win the tournament anyway, may as well get some experience for the next generation.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Neither. They're passed it now and they won't be at brazil.

Agreed, both have been caught out in recent times by being flat footed or slipping at a vital time. I'd leave them both behind

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
This. I'm sure none of the young black players in the squad have any respect for Terry due to the fact he is a racist bastard. I'm also pretty sure that plenty of other players in the team, including Gerrard (the man likely to be named captain) can't stand him.

He's let himself down too many times off the pitch. On the pitch he is only 70% of the player he was 3-4yrs ago which to be honest was never that amazing anyway.
Er,innocent until proven guilty and all that, do you really feel that way or are you just saying it because a lot of other people are ? Is this also the racist bastard that is close friends with shaun wright phillips ?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
How do you see it panning out ? For me i would go with J/T i don't think he has ever really let England down and is alway's happy to play (and so you should be) never really been a big Rio fan,alway's felt he has a 'chip on his shoulder' maybe that's just me ? :facepalm:

Niether,would not take rooney also,teams win tournaments not players

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
You could put the best defenders in the world into the squad, we wont win it - FACT!

The FA are more concerned with their England Profile than putting the kids in and building for Brazil!

I'll be mostly sitting over the barb-que with some chilled beverages and waiting for the new season!!

:albion2:

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Er,innocent until proven guilty and all that, do you really feel that way or are you just saying it because a lot of other people are ? Is this also the racist bastard that is close friends with shaun wright phillips ?

Innocent until proven guilty is of course right, but there are plenty of jobs where if you are facing criminal charges you'll be suspended from your work pending the resolution of the trial. I think that should be the case here. The forthcoming trial seriously impacts on his ability to do his job and taking him would be inappropriate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here