Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England and German fans kicking off at the Euros

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
T&J doesn't process external noise so the threads will keep on coming. It's like battling Arnie in the first Terminator film or the cop in Terminator 2, i.e. futile.
@TomandJerry is alright. I put him on ignore years ago then relented; he's a harmless enthusiast like many of us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey, for a moment I thought they might get naked and mud wrestle. All a bit too homo erotic for me i'm afraid
What is your acceptable level of homo-eroticism? I'm fine with a cheeky wink from David Beckham :love:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's not exactly a war, but the English fans there are wankers. No need to be dickheads when guests in another country.
Football does attract a special kind of English dickhead, especially those who think it's acceptable in the ground to throw a full cup of beer when celebrating a goal, and people wonder why beer isn't allowed in the stands in the UK.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Football does attract a special kind of English dickhead, especially those who think it's acceptable in the ground to throw a full cup of beer when celebrating a goal

Agreed

and people wonder why beer isn't allowed in the stands in the UK.

Yeah, but that ain't the reason

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Allow me to fix the headline:

Dickheads throw limp punches at one another for vague reasons.

The teenage sex syndrome, all talk absolutely no real action :rolleyes:

Exactly the same for the last 50 years, but don't let on :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Guardian ran the Mail story yesterday too!

Thanks for the heads up, I’d missed this.

Disgraceful behavior by England fans, why can’t they just enjoy a drink like everyone else without resorting to fighting? Let the country down and brought shame and embarrassment upon us.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Ah, okay then.

Jesus. Disgraceful behavior by England fans, why can’t they just enjoy a drink like everyone else without resorting to fighting? Let the country down.
Playing devil's here,... the foolish English fans were singing a relatively harmless bit of ironic banter... it was the locals who got a little confrontational... the locals should have sung something back, or simply carried on walking....

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Football does attract a special kind of English dickhead, especially those who think it's acceptable in the ground to throw a full cup of beer when celebrating a goal, and people wonder why beer isn't allowed in the stands in the UK.
The drink throwing seems to have been exported to these Euros, unfortunately. The Swiss seemed to celebrate their goal by throwing their full cups at their own plates, and there’s been luzzing at most games, it seems. Can’t remember the game but I remember a commentator mentioning about all their equipment and notes getting soaked in one of the group games and saying they needed umbrellas (and it wasn’t rain).

The scenes shown in “fan zone” type venues in the UK means that I’m far more likely to watch in the safety of my own home, though. What is wrong with people that they think this is ok?

It’s a shame because I’ve loved being part of big celebrations for over 50 years and this is spoiling it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Worse thing is in the ground those cups have a €3 deposit on them 😵‍💫

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thanks for the heads up, I’d missed this.

Disgraceful behavior by England fans, why can’t they just enjoy a drink like everyone else without resorting to fighting? Let the country down and brought shame and embarrassment upon us.
I was thinking of counting the whooshes but you’ve got one literally next post.

Well played :clap2:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have seen some footage from, I guess, one of those Box Park things and what stuck me was how contrived some of the beer chucking is. It’s not a spontaneous reaction to the goal especially when lads start filming themselves some time after the goal has gone in. Very weird.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That's some of the worst violence I have EVER seen. Both countries should be immediately chucked out of the tournament.

What's that? The Germans have already chucked themselves out? Very decent of them. If the English have any moral fibre they should do the same sometime in the next seven days or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here