Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Couldn't care less aslong as England are in it

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Right with NSC not really too well recently I haven't really been on much so don't know if this has been asked and also the search feature isn't working at the moment and I can't be arsed going through all the pages so.....

With England confirming they are to bid for the 2018 World Cup, would you want the World Cup to be in this country ??? Or are you like me and think it should go to Australia with their bid.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
England. It's our turn.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Its eruope's turn. All the other major countries in europe have hosted it more recently than us. I dont think many people in Australia will care about it to much.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
definatley England. Well its probably the only way for us to feature in the 'finals' (group stages) as we won't have to play qualifying matches

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Absolutely, we have some stunning stadia already, those for Liverpool and Everton and maybe even Pompey should have been built by then so loads of good grounds for the group stages. This might even help persuade West Ham to move to the Olympic stadium, would be a pity to see it go to waste.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I can't see anybody seriously saying they wouldn't want England to host it, unless they are from a different country who are bidding or don't follow football.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Right with NSC not really too well recently I haven't really been on much so don't know if this has been asked and also the search feature isn't working at the moment and I can't be arsed going through all the pages so.....

With England confirming they are to bid for the 2018 World Cup, would you want the World Cup to be in this country ??? Or are you like me and think it should go to Australia with their bid.

Why the hell do you think it should go to Australia?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
id rather see RUSSIA hold it to be honest :dunce:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Why the hell do you think it should go to Australia?

If I can answer that...one of the reasons the World Cup went to the USA was to promote the growth of the game. If it wasn't for this the MLS wouldn't have been set up, most probably.

The game in England doesn't really need much promotion! Yes we'll produce a very capable World Cup but the game can't really get much bigger than it is now.

It's a different story in Australia. It's very much like the USA in this respect. FIFA would like to grow the game in that part of the world. Australia showed they can manage a big event like the Olympics in 2000 so providing they have the stadia they will have a good chance. Plus it's never been held in Australasia before.

Anyway having said all that, I think it should still go to England as it's the only chance we'll have of winning the darn thing again and burying 1966 once and for all!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It would be brilliant if we get it, well done Brian Barwick for having the guts and courage to try and bring it home.

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here