Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England 2018 WC presentation...

Yoda

English & European
blimey...the BBC just reported that we may have only got 2 votes ( which one of them is our own)

If Jack Warner's votes went to Russia from the start, all it will do is prove how much of a corrupt piece of shit he is due to the extra money he can get for selling tickets on the black market.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Do you think there will be issues for women travelling to watch games ?

In short, no. I've been to lots of games with women - I used to coach a women's football team out here - we went to see AC Milan v Hamburg amongst others. There's no dress code for football.

We're not talking Iran here.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think Australia might have come last for the 2022 bids as well.

USA and Qatar were the two finalists.

I mean really, USA had it in f***ing well 94 and Japan/Korea had it in 2002 and Australia with its great track record of holding major events still came last.

What a f***ing farce.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
lol our English ambassador is not english -.-

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If Jack Warner's votes went to Russia from the start, all it will do is prove how much of a corrupt piece of shit he is due to the extra money he can get for selling tickets on the black market.

Exactly. To think how we've prostituted ourselves for that crook, not just in the last couple of months but actually changing the schedule for our national team to play friendlies against his joke country.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I think Australia might have come last for the 2022 bids as well.

USA and Qatar were the two finalists.

I mean really, USA had it in f***ing well 94 and Japan/Korea had it in 2002 and Australia with its great track record of holding major events still came last.

What a f***ing farce.

This I believe is a greater travesty than 2018. Still you are currently hosting the greatest sporting event in the world, hows that working out for you!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Out of interest - would they be ok going to the match by themselves ?

Definitely - women supporters would be as welcome as men in the stadia.

It certainly wasn't the case that I was a chaperone.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
As the Olypics showed...

What's the Olypics?

Of course I was referring to the Football Community. They don't like us because we too often play the "football is coming home" card, and they resent it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What's the Olypics?

Of course I was referring to the Football Community. They don't like us because we too often play the "football is coming home" card, and they resent it.

:) Joke, jokes.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
The most worrying thing about this is that Fifa are such a hugely powerful organisation - more so than national governments it seems - what exactly can be done?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Hopefully not from an Aussie perspective!! but seriously were you guys confident of your WC bid?

Very confident we'd be in the final considerations.

Shit we could hold a WC here next year without too much trouble. We'd have had to tick off so many positive boxes when it came to what we could offer.

And yet some how we have ended up last behind 2 teams who have hosted it in the alst 20 years and a tim pot Middle Eastern nation with f*** all track record of hosting anything major and a reasonably high risk warning fro travellers.

Just can't get my head around either decision.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
2 votes is shocking especially when you think we have Geoff Thompson voting so really we got 1 vote

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here