Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England 2018 WC presentation...

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Not exactly the most appealing places to want to travel to are they? On a list of countries you'd like to visit where would you put Russia and Qatar ffs.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
WTF will Qatar do with 9 new stadiums once its finished? Yes, they CAN afford it, but that's not really the point is it? All that money could be doing so much more for grass roots football around the world. Bastards

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Absolutely gutted. Well done to the Daily Mail / BBC etc etc - you did what you set out to do and ruin everything. Well done to the corrupt c.unts that voted. Fcuknig disgrace.

Rubbish. Everything the programme raised about had already gone on, and it would still have been shameful whether they gave England the World Cup or not.

You can't ignore corruption only when it has a negative impact on you, it needs to be dealt with regardless, and personally I think it would have been virtually condoning it if the BBC had kept quiet purely so as not to offend those who made the decisions at FIFA.

Russia will put on a decent WC, I have no doubt, and I'm sure they had a very strong bid. It's actually the Qatar decision that stinks more to me. They've never, ever qualified, they have no chance of qualifying on merit any time soon, they have no footballing history at all, just a lot of money and a bunch of rich Arabs with Dubai-style plans for castles in the sky.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Clearly tactical voting by those supporting Russia and Spain/Portugal to get rid of England in the first round. Will be interesting to see the vote breakdowns.

To be fair, Qatar had a very good legacy bid (dismantling most of their stadia and taking it to Africa) and will host all the matches very close together.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not exactly the most appealing places to want to travel to are they? On a list of countries you'd like to visit where would you put Russia and Qatar ffs.

Depends how much you was paying me ;)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
WTF will Qatar do with 9 new stadiums once its finished? Yes, they CAN afford it, but that's not really the point is it? All that money could be doing so much more for grass roots football around the world. Bastards

Qatar will demolish the stadiums, brick by brick, and rebuild them in third world countries. This, supposedly, was the biggest selling point of their bid.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Fucking
Iniquitous
Fraudulent
Arseholes

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
sucks, we could have hosted some games at the Amex, 35,000 state of the art... would have been possible

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Where are the 2016 Euros?

Poland and the Ukraine will be a nightmare, Brazil expensive, Russia a nightmare and Qatar dry, so no tournaments worth bothering with.

Qatar are relaxing the drinking laws in the 'World Cup Zone' [all the stadia, fan zones and hotels]

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"The tiny oil-rich Gulf nation of Qatar" you don't really need to say any more really do you?

That's almost Mrs Merton-like isn't it?

"Herr Blatter: what first attracted you to the tiny, oil-rich desert nation of Qatar?"

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Yeah, Qatar really stinks, if they had chosen Spain/Portugal and Australia, you couldn't really argue, but FIFA obviously isn't bothered about shedding its reputation for corruption

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Albion supporters are all very welcome over here in 12 years... :albion1:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Total rip off, two fan unfriendly destinations with no deep football history but absolutely bucket-loads of spare cash swilling about, why are we even surprised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here