Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England 110 All-Out

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Discrace. Whats gone wrong in 18 months? Im not holding out much hope for the world cup, but if we dont bounce back in the two test series in the summer then heads will roll. Fletcher Graveny and co.:angry: :nono:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Statto said:
Whats gone wrong in 18 months?

Could it be a case of australlia lost the ashes rather than we won them?

Also the weather played a big part in our win, i remeber being in leeds and everyone cheered when the players went of because of the weather

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
No, we won them. I hate all this knee-jerk "we were lucky to win The Ashes in 2005" bollocks that people keep trotting out. The fact is that, after Lords, we were comfortably the better side throughout the series. If anything, the Aussies were the lucky ones, because we really deserved to beat them 3-1 after totally outplaying them at Old Trafford only for Brett Lee to save their bacon at the end with a superb rear-guard batting performance.

In turn, they have totally outplayed us in this series due to a number of factors: The injury to Simon Jones, the injury to Vaughan, Trescothick going home, poor selection decisions, and Flintoff's lack of match fitness, but most of all: Australian brilliance.

The idea that this series defeat was somehow down to nothing more than "England's luck running out" is utter piffle.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
empire said:
your find out soon fella,my brother has lived in melbourne for 10 years and has seen every test match and odi in melbourne,beleive me ,he knows his cricket

However much he knows his cricket, I'm at loss to understand how he, or you, can already claim that the players they have coming through are better than McGrath (563 test wickets) and Shane Warne (708 test wickets). Its a bit like saying that Arsenal have some great youngsters coming through who will probably be better than Zidane and Maradona....

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Chesney Christ said:
"A big part"?? How did the weather help us win the Edgbaston test? Or the Trent Bridge test? Please explain.....

I remeber their being alot of rain in one of the tests, not sure which. If there was a fall 5 day's play austrialia could have won that test and inturn drawing the series 2-2.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Was not the Edgebaston test,the one where Aust needed 130,with two wkts left,then on the sunday,got to within two runs of victory ?:albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here