Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Engaged couple find photo showing they crossed paths as toddlers

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
maybe its not that uncommon.

i've got a photo of me at about 5 or 6 on holiday and in the background is a boy i later went to college with 10 years later.

we didn't get engaged though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
its amazing how these things happen, I went skiing in Austria once and as I was at the bottom of a run going underneath a chair lift and I heard somebody shout my name, above me on the chair lift was a work collegue (and another Brighton fan) from another of our offices. Neither of us knew the other was going on holiday

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
its amazing how these things happen, I went skiing in Austria once and as I was at the bottom of a run going underneath a chair lift and I heard somebody shout my name, above me on the chair lift was a work collegue (and another Brighton fan) from another of our offices. Neither of us knew the other was going on holiday

In your lurid purple C+A gear, wearing sunny's and a hat, all at 20mph..?

That is amazing..!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
alexanddonna.jpg
The child on the left looks like some sort of Devil Child.:eek:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So years later he married a 14ft tall bird wearing a stripey jumper, red hat and a stupid grin?

Serves him right, tbh.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Flying to Rotterdam quite a few years ago, my cousin from Pompey got on the same plane. Neither of us knew the other was travelling.

And about 5 years ago on holiday in Portugal we bumped into one of my step-daughters school friends and his dad in a pub showing an Albion match on Sky.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I was surfing off Fistral beach in Newquay some years ago when the waves flattened out. A dozen of us or so were floating about waiting for the next wave when a chap called my name. A work colleague was out also in the middle of the Atlantic. I said in surprise "blimey, what you doing here?" he said "surfing" still not sure who came off looking the biggest ****. we never got married either........

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was surfing off Fistral beach in Newquay some years ago when the waves flattened out. A dozen of us or so were floating about waiting for the next wave when a chap called my name. A work colleague was out also in the middle of the Atlantic. I said in surprise "blimey, what you doing here?" he said "surfing" still not sure who came off looking the biggest ****. ........

It was you. :thumbsup:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Quite a while back my parents were on a sun holiday somewhere in Europe and completely uncharacteristically they one day took it upon themselves to go to a nudist beach along the coast (still can't believe it!).

Anyway, my Dad apparently went out for a swim. A short while later a voice just behind him in the sea called his name quizzically!

He turned to discover an ex-girlfriend of more than 5 years ago treading water there a few feet away.

Not sure how he dealt with the getting out the water situation!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I bumped into a girl that I'd met at a friend's wedding a few years before.

She was with someone else, I was with someone else. Some rather awkward moments ensued.

It all happened under the Eiffel Tower in France (the meeting, not the wedding).

I'm still waiting to hear from Richard Curtis about a film version of it. Hugh Grant can play me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I bumped into Easy 10 last year in Turkey.

I'm still waiting for him to propose. :(

I was a bit STARSTRUCK to be honest.
And I was sweating like a rapist after 3 hours in that mahoosive sodding MARKET.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
its amazing how these things happen

As this thread is proving, it would be more amazing if this stuff didn't happen.
I can remember who by, but there's some very interesting books/studies into coincidence.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I went on holiday to Dublin a couple of years ago and happened to bump into NSC's own MYOB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here