Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eng-er-land!!!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Shouldn't this thread be called "Tot-ten-ham".

Holland 2-2 Tottenham.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
yes yes ok :blush: he has been pretty good to be honest! :laugh:

Fair play to you for taking your inevitable flaming in good jest. :clap:

Besides, it's the sort of statement I'm likely to make if I'm honest... :whistle:

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Agreed Bof, much better 2nd half performance & probs deserved to win it in the end.

I know the Dutch made a load of changes thrmselves in the second 45, but I think it's high time Beckham got the chop. He's past it imo & I reckon we look a better side without him in it.

*Awaits heresy-based flaming*

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
Agreed Bof, much better 2nd half performance & probs deserved to win it in the end.

I know the Dutch made a load of changes thrmselves in the second 45, but I think it's high time Beckham got the chop. He's past it imo & I reckon we look a better side without him in it.

*Awaits heresy-based flaming*

i missed the 1st 20 mins as i was at footy training but what i saw of the 1st half Beckham was the best player for us, should defintely imo go to the world cup and be in the squad the perfect player to bring on if we need a goal

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
A draw was about right. You can't play like we did in the first half and expect to win. Our defence was simply awful, really sloppy. The way Rio Ferdinand didn't even bother chasing back after he gave away the ball which led to the first Dutch goal was infuriating. I hope Capello had a word with him about his attitude.

In the midfield, Barry and Young did themselves no favours at all. I see no evidence that Young is an international footballer.

But there were some positives: Defoe looked sharp as nails, Carlton Cole was real handful and Milner impressed.

Thank god we have Capello, Rooney and Gerrard.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
i missed the 1st 20 mins as i was at footy training but what i saw of the 1st half Beckham was the best player for us, should defintely imo go to the world cup and be in the squad the perfect player to bring on if we need a goal

Really? I don't think he was rubbish, but he hasn't got any pace now; rarely (if ever) takes players on: gives the ball away too often; he can't tackle..

I guess we'll just have to agree to differ then. :thumbsup:

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
I was disapointed with both Johnson & Young. Millner made a big difference when he came in - I was in the Dutch end behind the goal where they all went in. Could barely hear the English fans. There was a young guy in front of me with a Leeds flag - getting some dirty looks - I think he was lucky it was only a friendly

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
On the contrary, I think he's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant, and it's a shame to me that we've not signed the league 1 version. :down:

Decent performance by England, shame about gifting them goals, but it's a quality result.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Thought Carlton Cole gave a good account of himself tonight. Well done lad.

He could be a BRILLIANT striker for us, he's got everything but a goal scoring touch. Hopefully the master will work with him, Zola could make him genuinely world class....

I mean that with a touch of sarcasm, but he could be bloody good if he would learn how to score some goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here