Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eng-er-land!!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Nation may be readying itself for the forthcoming EPL season but that countdown is on hold for one night only as another countdown begins, that to the promised land of South Africa 2010, almost in touching distance now and tonights friendly against the Netherlands is a vital game in our build up to key qualifiers this coming autumn.

Come on England, lets get a season that could end in World Cup glory off to a winning beginning and start as we mean to go on.

Tonights game has all the makings of a cracker with everyone keen to impress and I fancy the boys in Three Lions to come away with a 2-1 victory against a high quality Dutch outfit. I will be cheering on the boys from the Dog and Duck which should be rammed and highly charged come 8 o'clock tonight.

Come on boys, you can do it!

:clap2:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Yeah, go on England. f*** 'em up.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I think a friendly right before the qualifiers would prove better, sure you risk injuries but you do that anyway with Prem games. This way the team would get gelled together just in time for the important matches....tonights match timing is a farce.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I will be wearing my shirt in front of the tellybox with a couple of cold ones tonight.

Should be a good game, the Netherlands are a proper footballing side and should provide a good indication of where England are at with less than a year to go before South Ifrica. The Netherlands have already qualified for the tournament and (like us) are runaway leaders of their qualification group. I hope we don't make too many changes (although I guess Capallo's hand may have been forced on this by Premier League managers).

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would like to know who 1066gull is supporting - he's half dutch, innit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a crackerjack fixture for sure, and my fingernails have already paid the price as I attempt to deal with the nerve-shredding tension of the occasion. I have taken to counting down the time to kickoff in increments of 15 minutes, of which there are a mere 36 now remaining.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I will be wearing my shirt in front of the tellybox with a couple of cold ones tonight.

Should be a good game, the Netherlands are a proper footballing side and should provide a good indication of where England are at with less than a year to go before South Ifrica. The Netherlands have already qualified for the tournament and (like us) are runaway leaders of their qualification group. I hope we don't make too many changes (although I guess Capallo's hand may have been forced on this by Premier League managers).

It will be bouncing in the Tap tonight Strings.

:yahoo:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Mild interest fizzles out as each side makes 483 substitutions and game stops and restarts every thirteen seconds....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mild interest fizzles out as each side makes 483 substitutions and game stops and restarts every thirteen seconds....

Agreed. I can never get excited about an England friendly, no matter who we're playing. I'll probably watch it, but only of there's nothing more interesting on the tellybox.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's nothing "vital" about this match, unfortunately.

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
I may have a passing glance at the game on the TV in the pub after football but do not expect it to be a cracker. I may be wrong !

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
bandit BBC website says:
England OFF Netherlands

losers, what times KO?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Rio Ferdinand :angry: :dunce:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Beckham, Rooney and Heskey look like the only players that actually want to be there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here