Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eng-er-land

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's that time again when we all go England Crazy.

The talk of Lyme Regis at the moment is the big game on Wednesday night, I've already been stopped three times today by people talking about the big game.

Make no mistake about it, this is no friendly, Germany v England never is and they will be hurting from the 5-1 demolition job we did last time we were over there. It will be a tough game, but we are in fabulous form (excuse the pun) at the moment and we can go to Berlin and make the nation proud.

Come on boys, you can do it!!

:yahoo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Out of interest Crodo, whats your take on Brian Mawhinneys BROADSIDE on Sir Trevor of Brookingsdale last week, following the criticism of youth development in England ?
Mawhinney said:

"Sir Trevor has been banging on about this for two-and-a-half years. Somebody has to ask themselves why nobody has responded to him, including his employers, but I can tell you the Football League is running out of patience with him."

Is Mawhinney right ? Or has Trevor got a POINT ?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
what television channel is it on?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Im sure we are all just as excited as you! I bet you will be stopped many more times to talk about the game before the big kick off!

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Out of interest Crodo, whats your take on Brian Mawhinneys BROADSIDE on Sir Trevor of Brookingsdale last week, following the criticism of youth development in England ?
Mawhinney said:

"Sir Trevor has been banging on about this for two-and-a-half years. Somebody has to ask themselves why nobody has responded to him, including his employers, but I can tell you the Football League is running out of patience with him."

Is Mawhinney right ? Or has Trevor got a POINT ?

Seeing as Crodo hasnt replied I shall-i think that its awful. If you are going to give Brooking the role of overseeing youth development then you need to take on board what he says. If you dont agree with what he says then he should be removed from the position.

The FA are treating him like the SENILE old uncle that gets stuck in the corner at Christmas who everyone ignores and laughs at occasionally when he starts to DRIBBLE!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'll be interested to see our approach and attitude to this match. As a fan I feel we need to avenge the 2-1 defeat we suffered at the new Wembley.

I hope Cappello appreciates the amount of goodwill towards him that a win in Berlin will generate. He could really do himself a favour by placing a high priority on this match.

I believe that some friendly matches DO matter and this is one of them. If you want to win the major tournaments you have to beat the big boys, so you need to have some form against them in order to compete psychologically.

For years the Germans had the hoodoo over us in major competition partly because they had a good record against us in friendlies - there was no 'fear factor' on their part.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agreed Mr Soze. I'm in your CAMP. I think the treatment of STB by the stuffed shirts within the FA has been a disgrace. Brooking has forgotten more about youth development than the likes of Triesman and Mawhinney will ever know.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be interested to see our approach and attitude to this match. As a fan I feel we need to avenge the 2-1 defeat we suffered at the new Wembley.

I hope Cappello appreciates the amount of goodwill towards him that a win in Berlin will generate. He could really do himself a favour by placing a high priority on this match.

I believe that some friendly matches DO matter and this is one of them. If you want to win the major tournaments you have to beat the big boys, so you need to have some form against them in order to compete psychologically.

For years the Germans had the hoodoo over us in major competition partly because they had a good record against us in friendlies - there was no 'fear factor' on their part.

Agreed.
Although with the numerous and predictable squad withdrawls, Capello is fighting with one hand tied behind his back. Its going to be very much a SCRATCH England team on Wednesday, so I will not be surprised if the display is disjointed and not in keeping with the last few qualifiers we've seen.

Dandyman

In London village.
It's that time again when we all go England Crazy.

The talk of Lyme Regis at the moment is the big game on Wednesday night, I've already been stopped three times today by people talking about the big game.

Make no mistake about it, this is no friendly, Germany v England never is and they will be hurting from the 5-1 demolition job we did last time we were over there. It will be a tough game, but we are in fabulous form (excuse the pun) at the moment and we can go to Berlin and make the nation proud.

Come on boys, you can do it!!

:yahoo:

And if all you good boys and girls look carefully on Wednesday night, you may just see an Albion/GDC/Engerlund flag supported rather unsteadily by four stouthearted if a little inebriated Seagulls.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not expecting great things from England because of the withdrawals.

It is a chance for certain fringe players to shine; the likes of Agbonlahor have a massive stage.

That said, I think Cappello can get a result and predict a 1-1 draw. It would be nice if we could nick it 1-0 though.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
DEUTSCHLAND DEUTSCHLAND DEUTSCHLAND
fanmeile.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I wonder how old that blond is at the front of M.O.H pic, shes fit and i want to do her in the bum!

Dandyman

In London village.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Pah ! You only win when you CORRUPT decent Poles into becoming EVIL Niemy.
Haha is it 2006 again? Two words: "Owen". And "Hargreaves". About as English as maple syrup and Mounties. :bigwave:

Actually, I think England have a decent chance: Germany are not in great form at the moment, whereas England certainly have been. So 2-0 to Germany, obviously.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I've asked before and I'll ask again - Crodonilson - do you act like a complete spastic on purpose?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here