Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enfield riots

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Just couldn't get home to my Enfield flat tonight and staying at girlfriends parents house. Just in a car driving home from a hospital visit and had to go through Wood Green and Turnpike Lane. Masked gangs everywhere, smashing things up and setting fire to Crispy Creams and several other outlets. As we went up Green Lanes our car was nearly set upon and grabbed. Very scary experience and only just got to safety by putting the foot down.

There are 'Generals' on every corner directing groups around. Looters carrying Plasmas and the like. Not seen anything like it and it's genuinely terrifying.

It's so sad and I can't see why it's happening. Not sure what the point of this thread is but just wanted to share.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
'Ere sonny, any chance you could sort me out a pair of Brutus Gold, some adidas Samba and a set of mats for an Austin Allegro 1.3GL?

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Just couldn't get home to my Enfield flat tonight and staying at girlfriends parents house. Just in a car driving home from a hospital visit and had to go through Wood Green and Turnpike Lane. Masked gangs everywhere, smashing things up and setting fire to Crispy Creams and several other outlets. As we went up Green Lanes our car was nearly set upon and grabbed. Very scary experience and only just got to safety by putting the foot down.

There are 'Generals' on every corner directing groups around. Looters carrying Plasmas and the like. Not seen anything like it and it's genuinely terrifying.

It's so sad and I can't see why it's happening. Not sure what the point of this thread is but just wanted to share.

It's a crazy world.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

:nono: They really need to be more careful which shops they smash up/set fire to. I don't know what I'd do without those doughnuts.

On a serious note, good to hear you're safe. Sounds/looks absolutely mental.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Argos and Comet in Enfield town have been looted.

Probs in Enfield, Tottenham, Ponders End, Waltham Cross, Palmers Green, Wood Green (all of which I know well and cover for work), plus Highams Park,Westfields in West London, Brixton, Croydon and Homerton.

As well as Biscuit nearly getting attacked, my missus was called into work in the city and had to travel through Wood Green by taxi (has arrived safely thankfully)....f***ing nightmare night though.

It's all anarchists and rent-a-mobs...apart from Tottenham, Ponders End and Brixton these areas are all just 'average problem' areas...none of the others have 'edge'. Trouble-makers are travelling, no doubt!

E.g I live in Enfield and apart from geographical proximity (3 miles) it's nothing like that utter shithole Tottenham. Also callers to local radio stating had tips offs via BBM etc so pre-planned / pre-meditated.

Last edited:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Argos and Comet in Enfield town have been looted.

Probs in Enfield, Tottenham, Ponders End, Waltham Cross, Palmers Green, Wood Green (all of which I know well and cover for work), plus Highams Park,Westfields in West London, Brixton, Croydon and Homerton.

As well as Biscuit nearly getting attacked, my missus was called into work in the city and had to travel through Wood Green by taxi (has arrived safely thankfully)....f***ing nightmare night though.

It's all anarchists and rent-a-mobs...apart from Tottenham, Ponders End and Brixton these areas are all just 'average problem' areas...none of the others have 'edge'. Trouble-makers are travelling, no doubt!

E.g I live in Enfield and apart from geographical proximity (3 miles) it's nothing like that utter shithole Tottenham. Also callers to local radio stating had tips offs via BBM etc so pre-planned / pre-meditated.

Forgot to add Walthamstow, which is a shit hole (severely deteriorated in last ten years).

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
All quiet in my corner of north london so far....

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Non stop police cars wizzing past my house but not in a trouble spot thankfully, although saw a few guys walking down the street with scarfs round their faces looking rather mobish!

It's just non stop sirens, the sound of them hardly breaks. I live near Finsbury Park so closeish to South Tottenham.

Last edited:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Hello mate...see you've made it online. Glad you're safe.

This has been nuts, eh?

Has it kicked off round your way? Can't remember, you're about half a mile from Enfield town centre, aren't you? I'm surprised it's kicked off in Enfield Town. I could understand Edmonton, which seems to be as rough as Tottenham, but Enfield Town has more in common with Bromley or Sutton than Edmonton surely? Unless it's yobs targeting the posher areas.

Clearly this is not just a problem between the police and the black community. Whereas Tottenham and Wood Green are largely black, Enfield, Ponders End and Waltham Cross are mostly white, even if the last two are hardly desirable. It sounds like a bunch or rent a mob types intent on causing trouble are involved.

Last edited:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Has it kicked off round your way? Can't remember, you're about half a mile from Enfield town centre, aren't you? I'm surprised it's kicked off in Enfield Town. I could understand Edmonton, which seems to be as rough as Tottenham, but Enfield Town has more in common with Bromley or Sutton than Edmonton surely? Unless it's yobs targeting the posher areas.

Hi D. Yes half a mile from town. A caller on LBC Radio claimed scarved / masked youths were alighting at my local train stop Bush Hill Park as it was the last before Enfield Town and they wanted to evade the police at the end of the line...alarming to know they must've been two minutes or less from my place.

I too was surprised it kicked off in Enfield, its just not that sort of place bar the usual Saturday night bruisers! However, these thugs were largely from Wood Green and Tottenham most probably...Tottenham bad boys have been known to pop up to relieve Enfield sixth-formers and school kids of their phones and i-pods from time to time.

Clearly this is not just a problem between the police and the black community. Whereas Tottenham and Wood Green are largely black, Enfield, Ponders End and Waltham Cross are mostly white, even if the last two are hardly desirable. It sounds like a bunch or rent a mob types intent on causing trouble are involved.

You are right.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Edmonton is indeed a hole. It's basically the extension of Tottenham and that bit closer to me and Enfield.

Known as Stab City, it is rough as f*ck. What has happened is that the down grade areas are East of the A10 so the scummy areas stretch directly north i.e Ponders End and Enfield Wash, while the west side of the A10 (Palmers Green, Winchmore Hill, Enfield is significantly nicer.

A very strange day indeed to see provincial, out-of-the-way Enfield headlining the news.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Probably something to do with people having no confidence in the government or the police and no connection to those that make the policy that effects their lives or those who are sent to enforce that policy. Maybe to do with people see a genuinely bleak future while those entrusted to represent them live the highlife and play fast and loose with their families, communities and livelihoods. Might be somehting to do with frustration at being powerless to change their lives and the situation that they find themselves in which cycles endless from generation to generation.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm amazed how many people are making jokes about this.

Essentially this is the best fodder that the far right could've wished for.

It's heartbreaking.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Probably something to do with people having no confidence in the government or the police and no connection to those that make the policy that effects their lives or those who are sent to enforce that policy. Maybe to do with people see a genuinely bleak future while those entrusted to represent them live the highlife and play fast and loose with their families, communities and livelihoods. Might be somehting to do with frustration at being powerless to change their lives and the situation that they find themselves in which cycles endless from generation to generation.

Nonsense. These communities CHOOSE their living conditions.

Example? Kilburn High Road past and present:

kilburn-pc.jpg

20090424164521.jpg

The residents, regardless of race, have 'adapted' their surroundings to suit what they are comfortable to.

Beeston, Leeds, which has a large Pakistani community:

31leeds.large3.jpg

A Pakistani slum:

209058671_f9069f3bd2_o.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here