Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

End of the road for the seagull love review?

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Yeah, now the novelty of having a fanzine again has worn off, it seems clear to me that the love review is a waste of time. I only buy it because it's a quid, but really, a 2 page spread on a Boys to Men song from 1993. What the hell? Theres not one laugh in it either.

Sorry guys if you read this, but quit while your ahead. The fanzine era is over.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
There's always room for a fanzine. And being "a waste of time" is a PERFECT justification for having one.

Time is there to be wasted.

now I do believe you when you say that you used to work for a council joke.. well sort of ;-)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's a good diversion from the tedium of many a matchday, keep up the good work TSLR!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Before the spat, did you read the zine? And what did you think?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I bought a copy and someone nicked it out of my back pocket. I'll have to guard my next one.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yeah, now the novelty of having a fanzine again has worn off, it seems clear to me that the love review is a waste of time. I only buy it because it's a quid, but really, a 2 page spread on a Boys to Men song from 1993. What the hell? Theres not one laugh in it either.

Sorry guys if you read this, but quit while your ahead. The fanzine era is over.

Of course there is a place in football fan culture for a fanzine. Jesus, some people ae shallow and myopic.

If you don't like it, don't buy it, it's not rocket science. But one thing that is the case it that you're not in a position to tell anyone not to produce it.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Keep going TSLR.

They're doing a grand job.

Brighton M, what gives you the right to tell someone to stop producing a fanzine?

If you don't like something featured then contribute to the next issue.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I know ive said this before, but what is the point of a fanzine that you don't see, i always get to "The Withdean" by 12.30 latest and ive sold programmes at every home game since we started at withdean, and i have never seen it being sold, wher do you guys buy it ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know ive said this before, but what is the point of a fanzine that you don't see, i always get to "The Withdean" by 12.30 latest and ive sold programmes at every home game since we started at withdean, and i have never seen it being sold, wher do you guys buy it ?

There's always a seller loitering by the railway bridge

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I always see one of their chaps selling it in Tongdean Lane (just the other side of the tunnel from Withers).

And can I just echo the sentiments on here...Don't like it, then don't buy it. They go to the time and effort of producing it, its clearly a labour of love for them and I thinkg they do a good job. Its not for you or anyone else to say "don't bother". You don't like it, then just mind your own bloody business and leave it for those that do.

And I'd not heard about the Huddersfield "incident", but if they turned round and gave a gobfull to a bunch of mugs singing "no surrender" at a football match then fair play to them, because those chants are f***ing EMBARRASSING.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
And can I just echo the sentiments on here...Don't like it, then don't buy it. They go to the time and effort of producing it, its clearly a labour of love for them and I thinkg they do a good job. Its not for you or anyone else to say "don't bother". You don't like it, then just mind your own bloody business and leave it for those that do.

And I'd not heard about the Huddersfield "incident", but if they turned round and gave a gobfull to a bunch of mugs singing "no surrender" at a football match then fair play to them, because those chants are f***ing EMBARRASSING.

Shizuoka Dolphin LIKES this post.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I bought a copy and someone nicked it out of my back pocket. I'll have to guard my next one.

That happened to me at Brentford.
There seems to be a shady underworld of TSLR THIEVES who will take any opportunity to SWIPE a copy from the unsuspecting buttocks of a paying customer.

Disgraceful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here