Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

end of the line for the argies?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm pretty sure Chino and Batti were signed with the intention of them going into the development squad and not to be instant successes on the pitch.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hmm well I dont think they are up to it this season at all and if they must play then Baz before Batti.

ANYONE who was there at Soton will know that Batti is not ready yet, completely, hopelessly lost. Effectively we had ten men while he was on the field. Not one to have a pop at Gus but there was no way he should have started that game against one of our promotion rivals away from home.

I'm pretty sure he had his hands tied that night as we had a number of injuries and suspensions. You're right that Batti was out of his depth though.

The main thing with these two and the other development players is that they're here to be coached and will improve. They are by default, down the pecking order, so I hardly think being down the pecking order is a reason to get rid!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think they could both benefit by a loan to a Div 2 club. What about a team like Aldershot so they wouldnt need to move from whereever they are living. Possibly they could even help Orient out judging by yesterday.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Poyet had no option but to play Batti at one point. He always knew he needed cover for Navarro when he got injured, which is what Bridcutt provides, so yes, they were intended for the development squad, along with the likes of Agdestein. I think if we weren't pressing strongly for promotion, some of these fringe players would be getting more games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am a great believer in allowing players like Elphick , Holroyd and the Argies to go out on loan to a club like Orient if they cant get in our side because they may help them nick points of our promotion rivals.

Brightonboyz

Jan 1, 2011
I think they will stay for a while. They have shown some attributes which suggests that they could be decent players. A loan to a Div 2 club could do them some good like Holroyd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here