Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

end of the line for the argies?

ironacton

Jul 14, 2009
Neither on the bench yeaterday, with the arrival of Noone and possibly others and the return of Lua Lua and Navarro will either get a look in for the rest of the season? I personally doubt it

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Neither on the bench yeaterday, with the arrival of Noone and possibly others and the return of Lua Lua and Navarro will either get a look in for the rest of the season? I personally doubt it

I'll bite. Do you trust in Poyet and Tanno in finding and judging talent? These lads are very young, from a completely different life on a completely different continent. Ones for the future. Look at how long it took Jamie Smith to adapt, and he moved only a few miles! Give them time and then judge them!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Need some reserve football and possibly even a short term loan to a conference team (while training with us) to give them more football. Still think they have potential but going to take time

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Depends if Gus thinks they'll progress any further. This must've been quite a step up for them bearing in mind it's their first season in pro football. Neither of them are quite there yet but both have shown signs of promise.

The main problem for them, and for other fringe players like Holroyd, Agdestein and Smith, is promotion. At this level all of those players might have a look in next season but if we do manage to get promoted then I think championship football will be too much for them.

The whole reason for the performance squad is for players like them so mabye they will be kept on. There's always the option to loan them out as well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think Baz looks pretty good actually, the other one needs some time to bulk up a bit but has potential.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'll bite. Do you trust in Poyet and Tanno in finding and judging talent? These lads are very young, from a completely different life on a completely different continent. Ones for the future. Look at how long it took Jamie Smith to adapt, and he moved only a few miles! Give them time and then judge them!

Didn`t he come from Palace ? Stopping him from devacating in the bath and eating soup with his fingers took time dont forget.

ironacton

Jul 14, 2009

wasn't meant to be provocative, competition for places is only going to get more fierce with both slipping down the pecking order at least for the rest of this season

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Both proved they are not good enough at this level let alone the Championship.I expect both to be released.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Both are good technically but need time to adjust to this countries football. Way to early to be writing them off.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you sign a player for a year then he has..................................a year to settle down and impress.
Have either done enough to warrant another deal ? Not yet.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Look at how long it took Jamie Smith to adapt, and he moved only a few miles!

Hardly the best example seeing as he barely makes the squad (or like yesterday - an unused sub again) even after being with us 18 months. And you can count the number of starts he's had on 1 hand? Another who has slid down the order with Noone's arrival.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If you sign a player for a year then he has..................................a year to settle down and impress.
Have either done enough to warrant another deal ? Not yet.

Have either had a full season? Not yet

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
İbrahim Tatlıses;3883393 said:
Not good enough, or not adapted to the English game yet? How can you tell the difference?
Not good enough it's as simple as that.Poyet brought them over and told them to grab there chance.They have played in enough reserve team action and first team to show they are not up to it.A season is a good length of time where as some players only get a single pre season match to shine.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Both have potential. Both have cracking shots on them. Baz is useful, being a left-footer and brings enough South American flair to suggest he will do the unexpected - always handy to throw into the mix. Battipiedi has shown possibilities as a combative midfielder. But with our current form and strength in midfield, their chances are going to be limited.

Given Gus and Tanno's knowledge of English and South American football, they're ideally placed to see talent worth developing. I expect them both to be around for a while yet.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmm well I dont think they are up to it this season at all and if they must play then Baz before Batti.

ANYONE who was there at Soton will know that Batti is not ready yet, completely, hopelessly lost. Effectively we had ten men while he was on the field. Not one to have a pop at Gus but there was no way he should have started that game against one of our promotion rivals away from home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here