Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

End of season meet-up?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
11pm just seems to early for it to finish.

If we did go to a hotel people could... wait for it... book a room!

Expensive probably but it'll be a cracking night.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Does it necessarily have to be near the station?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
CAFC Matt said:
Why is it every meet up you choose a CAFC home game which makes it very hard for me to get to it. grrrr

Eh? You'd be in Brighton by 7 at the latest from The Valley.

Isn't it best that you don't have Newcastle away?!?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
You could hand out leaflets to people outside Withdean, we could hire a bigger venue, get a DJ and instead of kicking people out at 11, keep going until 2.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Downloaded Penguin said:
You could hand out leaflets to people outside Withdean, we could hire a bigger venue, get a DJ and instead of kicking people out at 11, keep going until 2.

Pretty much describe the Scars & Stripes meal we had at The Excelsior in Hove but instead of handing out leaflets we sold fanzines! Not sure we did the DJ thing but it was an option. I seem to recall we had about 150 people and couldn't take any more.

The other bonus with a hotel is the fact that 'residents' can drink for as long as they want.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Wilko said:
We need to get more ladies to go this time too :D :D

Good call.

Weren't you with your bird though?

Downloaded Penguin said:
Does it necessarily have to be near the station?

Not at all. The last two venues were not chosen because they were near to Brighton Station, but because they are thirty seconds walk from where I work. :lolol:

As for an end of season bash, why not? Spoke to Angie about it today and she said that May may be busy because of the Brighton Festival but to be honest I think we'll need somewhere bigger anyway. At times on Saturday the room was rammed and got very hot.

Really open to suggestions. May 1st could be a goer but if we're celebrating promotion/Championship that day then it could be tricky as I for one would want to celebrate with my non-NSC Albion mates (no offence like).

How about May 15th? I really think that due to the nature of the night (most people getting totally f***-faced) it would be best done on a Saturday. Personally there is no way I would have made it to work yesterday morning.

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
A hotel would be good if it means late drinking.

I don't think the last home game or anything would be a good idea. And we'd better make sure it doesn't clash with the FA Cup final or our Championship parade or anything....

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Bozza said:
Eh? You'd be in Brighton by 7 at the latest from The Valley.

Isn't it best that you don't have Newcastle away?!?

That would be the case if we didn't hve to take my moany, miserable, slow granddad. In fact I think I will thr train back that game to come. I wil grace you all with my presence :p

Better for me if it's organised well in advance, to book my flights there and back again.

Make sure, if it's a hotel, that they appreciate being handed loads of dosh and good natured party-goers like us - some phucking places suck your money then they still get arsey and officiate every bloody move.

We want a place that likes a good orgy, mental clientele in football shirts dying to get plastered.
"garcon, bring me a bucket........and ze cleaning woman"

:drink: :cheers: :banana: :sick: :down:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
A dinner table with our own little name tags by our plates!! ???

I'm sure they would have a giggle setting them up for us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here