Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

End of season meet-up - Ideas?

End of season meet-up - What do you want to do?

• Room in a pub (as per last two)

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Proper function room (DJ, food etc)

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Sit-down meal (e.g. Donnatello's)

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Barbeque on the beach (for the Always Skinters)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
If the next bash is going to be held on a Saturday night, which seems to work well for the majority, please please set the date so that it doesn't clash with the league programme. That way, a few more of us 'rival fans' will hopefully be able to attend.

The Large One suggested the FA Cup Final weekend. That sounds good to me. I can't imagine Cardiff or Reading will make the final, Albion are already out and Orient will be out on Saturday, so everyone should be able to make the bash!

I thoroughly enjoyed the summer meet-up, and was disappointed to have to miss the latest do. Same goes for Wilts I believe. I'd love to be able to renew a few acquaintances at the next bash.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Steve, sorry to sound like a shellfish but I think the inclusion of food in the second function room option may put people of choosing that option. The idea was actually not to have food but to have somewhere to stay all night (incl. a bed possibly).

The meet-up is great but on both occasions over far to quickly. It would be great if we could all stick together a bit longer. More drinking time.. more dancing. It'll be better.

I for one would love to see Easy 10, or Mike Ward for that matter, strutting his stuff on the dance floor. ;)

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The Laughing Bluebird said:
If the next bash is going to be held on a Saturday night, which seems to work well for the majority, please please set the date so that it doesn't clash with the league programme. That way, a few more of us 'rival fans' will hopefully be able to attend.

The Large One suggested the FA Cup Final weekend. That sounds good to me. I can't imagine Cardiff or Reading will make the final, Albion are already out and Orient will be out on Saturday, so everyone should be able to make the bash!

I thoroughly enjoyed the summer meet-up, and was disappointed to have to miss the latest do. Same goes for Wilts I believe. I'd love to be able to renew a few acquaintances at the next bash.
Yeah agreed about cup final day,but forget about the match:drink: :drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I was barely there 2 hours and it felt cramped,so a little dance floor would be pucker rulick:lolol:

Lets just meet up in a club:lolol:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I quite enjoyed it in the pub last saturday, i think if people want to eat then there's plenty of places round brighton where they can find some food, also the tiime flew by so next time i will be wearing smart cloths so have to option of going to a better club, if that what the plan is on the night!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pub - options then for everyone to do what they want afterwards, eat, club etc

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Room in a pub again for me as well.

One thought.

It may need to be a bigger pub (if that's possible). I suspect that the next meet will be even larger as most people will want to go again, and those that missed out won't want to miss out again.

Having said that I liked the Albert on Saturday. Nice room with a big screen and a stage and easy to get to (and they'd have us back!)

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
whats mr fatboyslim doing, next year?
howsabout a 'big skint boutique', in preston park?
- better access / exits than the beach, for sure...

could do some world records too-
biggest (free?) concert, EVER!
biggest mass BBQ?
junk the jordan, 5 a sides contest, etc..

could invite some other team fans, too- biggest
bloodbath ever..? hmm, maybe not!

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
hows about a good old East-end knees up!? ( he says-in a peggy mitchell style voice)

we could get Chas N dave in for the music
welks and jellied eels- for the food
we could all dress up as purley kings and queens

"Daaaawn ta withdean"
"Ya can forget ya costa brava"
"ya know that i'd ratha ave a day down withdean with the Northstand family"

"Hurry up will ya Safeway!"

Just an idea!????

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah it was a bit sqeezy and with people like easy 10 it can be unbearable.;) :lolol: :lolol: :drink:
Ok I'm no Kate Moss, but I'm only a 34 waist. Anyone who bumped into me that night generally found their way out of my excessive folds within a few minutes.

And from what I saw, you were the only one getting "sqeezy" Berkshire - just ask Safeway.
:lolol: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Turkey said:
I for one would love to see Easy 10, or Mike Ward for that matter, strutting his stuff on the dance floor. ;)
No, believe me Turkey, you don't.
My wild, uncoordinated flailings and spasmodic twitches are an absolute menace to anyone within a 10 ft radius. I have officially been branded a "safety hazard" at parties.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Whenever it is, I'll do my utmost to get back for it. I'm looking to get back around FA Cup weekend as it is, so fingers crossed it coincides!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here