Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] End of my biking days

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
1723604581603.png

You should keep being a Viking. Why are you ending your Viking days?

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I can't imagine a day that I won't have a bike..been riding 43 years, just got back from Germany. It's a way of life. My Dad is still riding at 85.. A different style of bike might help.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
You won't have any trouble selling that, quite a classic. Unfortunately for me, that's instant back ache. Good luck.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Sadly after 40 years of riding all sorts hanging up leathers and my CB 600R F2 has to go.

1997 but just 19K on the clock, have had it for 15 years or so know mileage is genuine...

I know this is not ebay but if any NSCers are interested?

:needpics:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Sad for you, I only returned to riding about 4 years ago after a very long time and I can't imagine now having to give it up. 😢

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Have a really good one of my Dad winning the 1950 Senior Clubmans on his 490cc International Norton but it won't upload from my desktop. Presumably the website I found it on would charge you - anyway it is getting framed and going into my Study. Jesus wept that was 74 years ago!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
My Dad was 83 when he gave up his 1200 CC jap bike sorry no idea what it was. He had cow horn handlebars and studded Panniers each side he was quite a sight with his leather jacket and boots old style crash helmet all the old girls used to swoon over him, bless him ! He was a right lad made me proud.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Have a really good one of my Dad winning the 1950 Senior Clubmans on his 490cc International Norton but it won't upload from my desktop. Presumably the website I found it on would charge you - anyway it is getting framed and going into my Study. Jesus wept that was 74 years ago!

Fantastic photo of your Dad what a star (y)

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

I had to read the caption twice as I was thinking "Bray Hill? They name their bikes?"

Lovely pic!

papachris

I always rode a bike from age 16 to age 59 when I emigrated. But after 3 years I really miss it. (Last bike was a bandit 600 that I owned for 15 years).
But after 3 years I still really miss it and consider whether to buy anotger one. Even though where I live now it would only be a half year pastime.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been riding 37 years now, hopefully got plenty left in the tank . . . The style and pace changes, and now I have several different scooters, for town, whizzing about and touring . . . Perhaps get something a little more realxed with the funds. A mate has a Guzzi tourer which is very nice all round bike

Last edited:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I got my first bike in 1975 and sold my last one on 1988. But in those years lived and nearly died motorbikes. I worked in the trade, Franklyns in HH, Redhill Motors (Brighton and Lewes) and owned some tasty kit over the years.

Raced RD400, TZ350s, RG500 & GSXR750 all over the UK. But that was when I was young and had little responsibility. I only knew how to ride one way, right elbow pointing forward.

So, as much as I still look out for bikers on the road while driving my tin-can, I could never see myself (safely) riding a bike again. Still love watching WSB, BSB and MotoGP on the box.

Happy memories and a great scrapbook must do for me now.

Cheers and RIP to some of my mates who died too young doing what they loved (on 2 wheels) ....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I got my first bike in 1975 and sold my last one on 1988. But in those years lived and nearly died motorbikes. I worked in the trade, Franklyns in HH, Redhill Motors (Brighton and Lewes) and owned some tasty kit over the years.

Raced RD400, TZ350s, RG500 & GSXR750 all over the UK. But that was when I was young and had little responsibility. I only knew how to ride one way, right elbow pointing forward.

So, as much as I still look out for bikers on the road while driving my tin-can, I could never see myself (safely) riding a bike again. Still love watching WSB, BSB and MotoGP on the box.

Happy memories and a great scrapbook must do for me now.

Cheers and RIP to some of my mates who died too young doing what they loved (on 2 wheels) ....
Would love to have an RD400 but the prices for them now are stupid, presume 90% got wrapped around trees back in the day...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here