Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Encouragement from the dug out........

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Or should i say the lack of it.

I know it has been said on here before that we don't see much passion from the dug out but today i made a point of what was going on.

All i can say is that after stoke's first goal, there was absolutely NOTHING coming from the manager or his assistant for the next 85 odd minutes, they just stood there arms folded offering absolutely no encouragement.

On the other hand, if you watched the black bloke (apologies i don't know who he was) in the Stoke dug out he was CONSTANTLY offering encouragement, rollocking his players even when they were 4-0 up, exactly what is needed.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I guess some managers have different styles.

If it was me, I would be marching up and down the box, dancing like Stuart Pearce. They are very sly with their orders and you have to be quick to see them. I tried to watch anything I could today, rather than the horror show unfolding.

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
I believe Steve Coppell was a firm believer in Letting Bob do the Motivating, it worked.

Must just be McGhee then

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Bob is fairly active. He claps them on and sends out instructions, whenever the ball is out of play.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Knightsworld said:
On the other hand, if you watched the black bloke (apologies i don't know who he was) in the Stoke dug out .

That bloke was the legendary Noel Blake - well renowned for scoring own goals on behalf of the Albion when a visiting player.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Re: Re: Encouragement from the dug out........

thedonkeycentrehalf said:
That bloke was the legendary Noel Blake - well renowned for scoring own goals on behalf of the Albion when a visiting player.

aaah, i thought it was, thanks for letting me know.

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
I did not see him move from the corner of the technical area apart from walking off at half and full time . saw no passion at all just standing there with his arms folded looking well and truly beaten:( :( :( :nono: :nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Only so much you can do from tghe dugout anyway.
What I would say (and I've said it before) is that we have a CHRONIC lack of leadership on the pitch. The two most experienced players are Chippy and Guy, and neither of them say f*** all when it comes to gee-ing the team up, encouraging the youngsters, or barking out orders to help organise the team positionally. Both of them just get on with their own game and leave everyone else to theres.

I honestly didn't realise how much we miss the likes of Oatway out there. Not the greatest in terms of skill, but his passion and leadership has proved to be a catastrophic loss to the team, cos NOBODY talks to ANYONE out there, and its a big factor in how SHIT we have become.

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Very true Monsieur Easy. They seem to talk to each other, after things have happened, not before or during. Monsieur Oatway was essential in more ways than one and a lot of the good people of NSC failed to see that. Indeed, perhaps most people. Oatway has proven to be irreplaceable.

Get well soon Monsieur.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Easy 10 said:
Only so much you can do from tghe dugout anyway.
What I would say (and I've said it before) is that we have a CHRONIC lack of leadership on the pitch. The two most experienced players are Chippy and Guy, and neither of them say f*** all when it comes to gee-ing the team up, encouraging the youngsters, or barking out orders to help organise the team positionally. Both of them just get on with their own game and leave everyone else to theres.

I honestly didn't realise how much we miss the likes of Oatway out there. Not the greatest in terms of skill, but his passion and leadership has proved to be a catastrophic loss to the team, cos NOBODY talks to ANYONE out there, and its a big factor in how SHIT we have become.

Saying the same thing to a mate on the way home, you could hear Duberry bollocking their players throughout the afternoon. Butters talks but is not a heart on his sleeve leader of men.

1066gull

'And were going down with a Jocko clown, oh sussex by the sea' - sums up everything what Dave the gaffer said in H Block.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here