Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enciso gets the Number 10

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The only time I noticed him after the match was when he was unfurling a flag He didn't look unhappy then.

I would like to think he wasn't ecstatic given the result.

Enciso didn't really come off yesterday, but he's had a strong return from injury overall

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Looked to me like he was limping slightly when he ran on as sub

Def limping post-match

It has been reported in recent weeks that he has been dealing with the ongoing effects of his injury and can't train every day. RDZ has made reference to him not being able to start and play a full match.

He played 85 minutes against Chelsea on Wednesday which is, I think (without checking) his longest run-out since coming back. Probably no surprise he was limping on Sunday, given that.

I have no idea if these ongoing effects are normal and expected, and he should be fine for next season, or whether there is still some level of concern there.

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
He came over to my son yesterday, thanked him and shook his hand. (My son always holds a Paraguay flag with Enciso’s name on.) It made my son’s whole season.

More on topic, he’s always struck me as very confident while playing but far less so when doing things such as walking around the pitch post match.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Is this as much as we hope for now?
Well, it seems that every time we get a new hero/superstar t9 drool over, it’s time to cash in and move them on. I do find it depressing to see all our recent stars playing well for teams higher in the table. I understand and support our project but it doesn’t take away the thought of them all being here and playing at the top of the table.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Enciso is very talented, but he desperately needs to sort out his football. I know he 'excites' people, but unless he stops clowning on the pitch he'll never get close to even challenging the (super-fine, but still..) 34-year-old 6-goals-per-season striker currently starting for us.

More than two years at the club and he's still not playing something that resembles professional football when wearing a Brighton shirt.
Lad is super frustrated about not playing more and incredibly eager to change it, unfortunately we don't have the luxuary of playing a footballer who does nothing on the pitch but giving the ball away in various situations (miscontrols, missed shots, missed passes).

Its been a vicious cycle since he came back from his long injury. He comes on as a sub or starts the odd game, is incredibly eager to make things happen, and take decisions that are absolutely hopeless time after time, and then ends up spending more time on the bench. And repeat.

julioenciso.jpg

As I see it, there's two options:

Julio Enciso and the people around him teaches him how to play professional football, he walks into our starting eleven - because his core technique and bravery is certainly good enough for it - and he's sold to Real Madrid for £192m in 2026.

Or we send the lad on loan in January to some miserable bottom team in La Liga or Serie A where he'd be a guaranteed starter and required to play more efficiently than when coming on as either a desperation or luxuary sub for us. Then he comes back in the summer, walks into our starting eleven, and gets sold to Real Madrid for £192m in 2026.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Enciso is very talented, but he desperately needs to sort out his football. I know he 'excites' people, but unless he stops clowning on the pitch he'll never get close to even challenging the (super-fine, but still..) 34-year-old 6-goals-per-season striker currently starting for us.

More than two years at the club and he's still not playing something that resembles professional football when wearing a Brighton shirt.
Lad is super frustrated about not playing more and incredibly eager to change it, unfortunately we don't have the luxuary of playing a footballer who does nothing on the pitch but giving the ball away in various situations (miscontrols, missed shots, missed passes).

Its been a vicious cycle since he came back from his long injury. He comes on as a sub or starts the odd game, is incredibly eager to make things happen, and take decisions that are absolutely hopeless time after time, and then ends up spending more time on the bench. And repeat.

View attachment 188825

Julio Enciso and the people around him teaches him how to play professional football, he walks into our starting eleven - because his core technique and bravery is certainly good enough for it - and he's sold to Real Madrid for £192m in 2026.

Or we send the lad on loan in January to some miserable bottom team in La Liga or Serie A where he'd be a guaranteed starter and required to play more efficiently than when coming on as either a desperation or luxuary sub for us. Then he comes back in the summer, walks into our starting eleven, and gets sold to Real Madrid for £192m in 2026.
I think your post is overreactive and given the length of the injury which you do mention, his playing time has needed to be limited. He will play a huge part for us this season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

View attachment 188825

Meanwhile, back on the planet Earth, Enciso was an integral part of a Paraguayan team that just beat the mighty Brazil!

IMG_5760.jpeg

Have it!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

View attachment 188825

He finished the previous season and started last season fantastically, then got injured. The ’two years’ is closer to one in reality/playing time. I see what you mean but I think he’s just trying a bit too hard to impress at the moment. The talent is undoubtedly there, he’ll be fine.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Meanwhile, back on the planet Earth, Enciso was an integral part of a Paraguayan team that just beat the mighty Brazil!

View attachment 188826

Have it!
he is so cool, I will never forget that wonder goal, even the city fans were clapping as it hit the back of the net, another great night at the Amex

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

View attachment 188825

He's a very young lad still learning his trade. I absolutely love him and he will only improve over the next few seasons.

Give the lad a break!

TNBA

TTF

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
he is so cool, I will never forget that wonder goal, even the city fans were clapping as it hit the back of the net, another great night at the Amex
Talking of cool. No one at Bournemouth will forget the way he walked the ball into the net with such control. I had a view from in line with the box. Wow.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think @Han Solo has a fair point.

Julio is great fun, and has massive talent, but his decision making is pretty much woeful. He does need to play more to instruction, and more for the team around him, if he is going to ever be a regular starter in this current squad - where competition is most tough in his position.

Amusing that @Hugo Rune points out his performance for Paraguay to ‘disprove’ the criticism… During that game there were tons of comments on Twitter from frustrated Paraguay fans, making basically the same point that our Swedish friend has.

“Enciso is the most talented player we have and that is why we demand it from him, but he is also the most immature, because he does not pass the ball quickly and he loses and generates attacks from the rival, Diego Gomez is better and more decisive.”

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The lad has serious talent, he’s a genuine match winner at the top level, I'm still amazed we have players this good at our club. But I’ve been saying what HS is saying since BEFORE his injury, which is essentially that he plays for himself. You see kids doing this, it’s normally coached down by mid/late teens.

He needs a run of games, personally I see improving Enciso's contribution to the TEAM as Fab's first big challenge.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I think @Han Solo has a fair point.

Julio is great fun, and has massive talent, but his decision making is pretty much woeful. He does need to play more to instruction, and more for the team around him, if he is going to ever be a regular starter in this current squad - where competition is most tough in his position.

Amusing that @Hugo Rune points out his performance for Paraguay to ‘disprove’ the criticism… During that game there were tons of comments on Twitter from frustrated Paraguay fans, making basically the same point that our Swedish friend has.

“Enciso is the most talented player we have and that is why we demand it from him, but he is also the most immature, because he does not pass the ball quickly and he loses and generates attacks from the rival, Diego Gomez is better and more decisive.”

Indeed, he got just 6.0 in the player ratings.

Still, he got a good view of Gomez in action.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Talking of cool. No one at Bournemouth will forget the way he walked the ball into the net with such control. I had a view from in line with the box. Wow.

Yep, forget the screamers, this is still my favourite Julio goal. Class and arrogance wrapped up in one goal, so sweet against that Micky Mouse club too.

It is an interesting debate. I love him and think his talent is off the scale but he's no where near the starting eleven for me at the moment. He has got a lot of work to do.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I won’t forget the one at Chelsea either, as the bloke behind me screamed ‘don’t shoot’ just as he was about to pull the trigger :laugh:
That may have been me.

I had a fantastic view of it, and laughed at myself as soon as it hit the net

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Years of March with his piss poor decision making and Enciso’s the problem, really :facepalm:
Why bring up March on this thread?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Enciso is a 'problem' but there are reasons why at the moment he's not in the starting 11, that is what is being discussed. It seems a section of Paraguay fans are having similar discussions.

I'll bite on March - I agree to an extent but with March it tends to be picking the wrong pass or waiting too long or sometimes just bad shooting technique etc. With Enciso it's how can I get a shot off from literally anywhere without even considering a pass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here