Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Empty Success

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
No new fans allowed then. Just the 5,000 faithful who put up with Withdean for 10 years.
Jesus H Corbett. This HAS to be a wind up.

brilliant, yet incredibly contradictive of your fellow debators.

if we have so much potential for success, then there won't need to be any new fans just because we have new fancy players, if we move to falmer, people will come for a number of other reasons!!

a) cheaper ticket prices as bigger capacity
b) exciting new stadium with better atmosphere

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What about a breakaway club now ( Brighton City maybe) like AFC Wimbledon of AFC Utd for all these disaffected Albion fans on here today. Its much friendlier down in Ryman 1 so off you go.

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
What about a breakaway club now ( Brighton City maybe) like AFC Wimbledon of AFC Utd for all these disaffected Albion fans on here today. Its much friendlier down in Ryman 1 so off you go.

totally different reasons for them breakaway clubs!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Perhaps a breakaway message board is needed for them :laugh:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
brilliant, yet incredibly contradictive of your fellow debators.

if we have so much potential for success, then there won't need to be any new fans just because we have new fancy players, if we move to falmer, people will come for a number of other reasons!!

a) cheaper ticket prices as bigger capacity
b) exciting new stadium with better atmosphere

OK. So are new fans going to be vetted at the turnstiles as to why they've turned up ?
"Why are you here ?"
"Oooh, all these fancy new players of course!"
"Piss off then"

"Why are you here ?"
"Well, the tickets are cheap. And the stadium looks nice"
"Lovely. Can I show you to your seat ?"

(I am slapping my forehead now).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Its been funny coming in from work to see all those 'The fundings in place ' boys defending themselves and Dicks pledges about the banks and their generosity.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I wondered what that noise was Mr 10

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
the facts seem to be that without bloom we couldn't get falmer built so let's see how things pan out. i think the majority of us want the albion to remain a bit idiosyncratic, a bit different to the run of the mill football club that's grown around a new ground - i'm looking at you reading! - but realistically without some financial help we were stuck in league 1 at withers for the foreseeable future.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
No, leave the door open. Your cockatiel may find its way back :down:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Would we even be allowed to stay at Withdean. The lease, (I think) runs out in 2-3 years. I very much doubt we would be able to stay there after the lease is up if there was any sudden disaster with Falmer.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
i don't disagree that the case with many clubs, but we have fought so hard, so long, through much tougher times than this season, and as things were starting to look up with Falmer getting the "yes", why not see what happens before buying the club up the league.

i for one would have liked to see a promising young local team at falmer, instead of money motivated foreign spits!!

Flipping heck...

That's all vey well, I hate Chelski for the way they have bought success but don't forget WE HAVEN'T EVEN BLOODY SIGNED ANYONE YET!

So far all Bloom's done is sorted out the stadium and therefore secured the club's future...

Let's not get all holier than thou just yet. We've still got Forster and Harty upfont you know, not Crespo and Shevchenko...!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So what makes you think we'll get any fancy dans? I can't see RS getting any of them in and I can't see us getting any gold diggin' foreigners anytime soon!

So why don't you just see how the next few years pan out before worrying about something that hasn't happened yet!

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Is anybody else concerned with what is about to happen at the club.

Obviously it is nice to have financial security, which in my 15+ years of support has never really been a realistic prospect.

However, in said 15 years, i have enjoyed the battles, dog-fights, championships that we have partaken in without large external investment, but through true club evolvement.

I fear now that we will be a club with empty success and bandwagoners who all of a sudden are massive Albion fans, making it impossible to get a ticket to watch foreign players in the Premiership 5 years from now!

Bring back Knight!!

Mate if you want local football full of local lads go watch county league. If your lucky u might even get to have a drink with ur heroes after they play so you can bore them with ur idiolistic idea's.

That said, I think this is a poor attempt at a wind up.....

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Personally I'd love it if we start seeing Albion shirts being worn in Blackburn as we saw Rovers shirts in our own city during the mid 90's. It would just be so funny and more than compensate for not getting into a few games due to glory-hunters. I've missed the crushing home crowd experience that I last felt versus Southampton @ the Goldstone during the mid-80s

"Where we you when you were shit?" is a chant I'd love to hear thrown at us by away fans. I for one will be able to answer that with pride - "easy, I was at Gillingham"

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Somebody please tell me this is some sort of wind up. Less than 24 hrs and people are talking of the Premiership foreign players and losing the heart of the club. I'm dumbstruck as to what people want from this club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here