Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Empty Success

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
Is anybody else concerned with what is about to happen at the club.

Obviously it is nice to have financial security, which in my 15+ years of support has never really been a realistic prospect.

However, in said 15 years, i have enjoyed the battles, dog-fights, championships that we have partaken in without large external investment, but through true club evolvement.

I fear now that we will be a club with empty success and bandwagoners who all of a sudden are massive Albion fans, making it impossible to get a ticket to watch foreign players in the Premiership 5 years from now!

Bring back Knight!!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
This is what wea have all fought for for so many years. We won. Thanks Dick for everything. Thanks Bloom for building us a stadium.

Good times are coming. The more fans the better i say.

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
This is what wea have all fought for for so many years. We won. Thanks Dick for everything. Thanks Bloom for building us a stadium.

Good times are coming. The more fans the better i say.

have you completely ignored all that i made in my post?

nause

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004

Obviously it is nice to have financial security, which in my 15+ years of support has never really been a realistic prospect.

However, in said 15 years, i have enjoyed the battles, dog-fights, championships that we have partaken in without large external investment, but through true club evolvement.

I fear now that we will be a club with empty success and bandwagoners who all of a sudden are massive Albion fans, making it impossible to get a ticket to watch foreign players in the Premiership 5 years from now!

Bring back Knight!!

Ok lets bring back Knight no Falmer and the club dies:wozza:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Bring back Knight!!

Small club syndrome? I dont see why anyone would seek to deny the club success for the sake of maintaining some idea that we are somehow purer than clubs in the championship/prem

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal

Bring back Knight!!

I think I sort of knwo where you are coming from, but the days where a team can come from nowhere to get in the top flight, like Derby and Fores under Clough, have long gone. This is how it is now. But, as line says in Goldstone Ghosts, we were there.

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
Ok lets bring back Knight no Falmer and the club dies:wozza:

club dying is unlikely, we've been in this bother for years, and things were already moving forward naturally.

now some gloryhunting moneybags think its great to buy your way to the top, i bet they were the same gloryhunting moneybags who found Abramovic's arrival in the premier league a disgrace!!

some right Morons on here!!

hastings albion

Mar 26, 2008
you prick!

Bring back Knight!!

What do you think we have been fighting for all these years? Hopefully good times ahead:albion2: .

Thanks Mr Knight for all you have done. Without you the club would be know more :bowdown:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
club dying is unlikely, we've been in this bother for years, and things were already moving forward naturally.

now some gloryhunting moneybags think its great to buy your way to the top, i bet they were the same gloryhunting moneybags who found Abramovic's arrival in the premier league a disgrace!!

You mate must be a moron...so you want us to stay at the shitdean as a league 1 one club losing millons each season ffs

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
I think I sort of knwo where you are coming from, but the days where a team can come from nowhere to get in the top flight, like Derby and Fores under Clough, have long gone. This is how it is now. But, as line says in Goldstone Ghosts, we were there.

i don't disagree that the case with many clubs, but we have fought so hard, so long, through much tougher times than this season, and as things were starting to look up with Falmer getting the "yes", why not see what happens before buying the club up the league.

i for one would have liked to see a promising young local team at falmer, instead of money motivated foreign spits!!

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
This has to be a wind up.. either that or there are some masochists around here.

:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Uhhh...are you describing Tony Bloom as a "gloryhunting moneybags" then ?
Would you prefer he pissed off, so the stadium project failed through lack of funding, so we can cling to some kind of righteous notion of "small club syndrome", and battle on heroically in the lower leagues ?

Answers on a postcard.

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
Its not worth reading either.:nono::nono:

as oppose to your INCREDIBLY witty and worthwhile reply!!

i suppose, what do i expect from the new era fans

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Gullywog, i can understand why your saying that but how can you say bring back Knight, when you dont even know the job that Bloom is going to do, we have always wanted to have some finiancial backing as continiously hear some fans on here having a go at Knight for holding to much money back for the future, stadium etc and not enough on the playing department.
Maybe now we can do this, also does it not bring you some relief that he is a brighton fan, his family been involved in club for years, also no interest rate loan which save us millions on if we had to get off the bank, to me its all good news and Knight is still involved in the club in a lesser capacity.
I do worry a bit about too many jumping on bangwagon but Brighton needs to get bigger regular crowds and we all want to see Falmer full and if we didnt increase the amount of fans we have we wouldnt fill Falmer so it is required, i get more wound up seeing Chelsea, Arsenal shirts etc around the town, so hopefully and i believe will over time see more and more Brighton fans.
keep the faith the club i believe is in good hands, he isnt in it (seems) like Chelseas (Roman) chairman, and not going to spend money stuidly on useless foreign players.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Bring back Knight!!

I agree, I'd rather we had been relegated and were playing Morecambe away on a tuesday night. Much more fun.

:dunce:

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
Uhhh...are you describing Tony Bloom as a "gloryhunting moneybags" then ?
Would you prefer he pissed off, so the stadium project failed through lack of funding, so we can cling to some kind of righteous notion of "small club syndrome", and battle on heroically in the lower leagues ?

Answers on a postcard.

i am calling the NEW fans "gloryhunting moneybags"

if you read the thread before posting like a blind imbecile, then you'd see that i have reasoned for not making the financial route so soon!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Isn't it better that the gloryhunters will flock to Falmer rather than them following a Premier League club from the comfort of their armchair ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here