Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

employment issue

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
whilst writing I see you have replied to another poster you've worked 1 1/2 years, thats good.

PM me if you want further advice, I'll try to help.

If they have an "HR dept", I would guess they employ a reasonable number of people, but it's only a guess.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
OK that's good if your contract states 40 hours. Write to your employer asking for his reason for reducing your hours. Explain you wish for a written reply.

How long have you worked there? And have/did you complete an induction period? What training have you had in regard to Health & Safety?

If your boss says he does not want you to work your contract, and is not offering to transfer you into a different position within the company at no detriment to your terms and conditions (ie hours/pay), he is treading a very fine line. This could give you reason to constructively dismiss yourself, but this depends largely on how long you have worked for him.

Can you confirm he employs over 5 people?

Can I ask you if you have had any problems with him before, any disciplinary's etc?
yes they employ more than 100 easy.. no problems before, in fact they very happy with my work... i did write a long greivance letterr to them on health and saftey issues etc, and had meeting to resolve those issues... i did complain also that a wand on carpet machine i was using caused me shoulder ache... and requested a all in one push along one which i previously had... and they were asessing it as they were concernd about my shoulder, but nothing more was said or done ... i not used it since... i feel ivge been demotede to one day a week, in spite, because ive sued them, written a long grevance letter, and complained about the carpet machine... simple as that

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hmmm

who are u bozza.. GOD OR WHAT... STICK YER SITE UP YER ARSE...ITS FULL OF SHIT ANYWAY MATE... U SHOULD BEE
N CLOSED DOWN YRS AGO .... THE THREADS ON HERE MOST OF THE TIME ARE ABSOLUTE BOLLOX.. DRIVALL, BULLSHIT, POINTLESS, MEANINGLESS AND ...PATHECTIC//// KEEP IT MATE...:angry::angry::angry::shootself:sick::sick::sick::tosser::tosser::tosser:

Siclean was that prat Wideguy/ad finitum. The Walter Mitty that claimed he won thousands for being sacked from his cleaning job. Absolute prat of the highest order.

Having just checked both accounts, you are indeed correct, both accounts will now be merged and both will also be banned!

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Your boss can reduce your hours, but he is obliged to consult with you. This means that before he can put this in place he needs to justify the business reasons for what he is doing and show that he has considered your feedback. However in the event that you were to refuse, he could dismiss you (legally this is known as a dismissal for 'some other substantial reason') and re engage you on the new terms and conditions. If you think that the business justifcation he uses is not sound you could in theory take him to a tribunal for unfair dismissal, but if he can show an 'economic, technical or organisational' justifcation then the tribunal would be likely to find in his favour. Hope this helps explain the legal position.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

In all fairness I did in fact send the Boss a private message saying they are one of the same and could he merge the accounts that was on 19/5/11, I don't have the power to do it, (at least I did'nt then) and if he has choosen to leave it be, or maybe he has just forgot, so be it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Because you're suing them for an injury incurred (you say) lifting excessive weight you are within the letter of the law I'm sure. In the other hand your employer is too as they can and no doubt will argue that they are protecting your health in the light of your injury. You may have a doctor that says you're okay but I'm sure they can easily find one who says you're not. Tit for tat yes but I'm not sure how much sympathy you'll get in court, no doubt you are being represented by am ambulance chaser and if you win doi't be surprised if you get 'retired' due to ill health.

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
I am so glad you can't sue over things like this in my country, it sounds ridiculous and both employer and employee are in semi catch 22 situations.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I am so glad you can't sue over things like this in my country, it sounds ridiculous and both employer and employee are in semi catch 22 situations.

If you're so glad how come so many of your fellow countrymen (and women) come over here, guy I work with is looking to stay for good.

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
i was told to lift a carpet machine which weighed 46 kg, on off my van for several months before a ramp was provided.. 46kg is way over the legal guidelines... i no longer lift any remotely heavy things..

Sorry, I know it's slightly off topic but if I was asked to lift 46kg I'd say, " I'm sorry that's to heavy, no".

Rather than posting on her and getting all sorts of "advice" why don't you join a Union? They are experts in dealing with this stuff and even if your employer does not recognise them for collective bargaining they still have to deal with them on individual cases if they represent you.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Rather than posting on her and getting all sorts of "advice" why don't you join a Union? They are experts in dealing with this stuff and even if your employer does not recognise them for collective bargaining they still have to deal with them on individual cases if they represent you.

Funny thing is now he's been exposed as either a troll or a serial suer he's stopped posting

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
If you're so glad how come so many of your fellow countrymen (and women) come over here, guy I work with is looking to stay for good.

Each to their own. There are plenty of English who also come over here and want to stay permanently. A lot of people do a few years in England for the OE as its an english speaking country (we are one of the worst for picking up a second language) and the exchange rate is great for earning dosh for when you come back. Plus its a good base if you want to travel Europe.

Not sure what your point is, but no offence was taken if you think I'm having a slight at your country, I just think sueing in general is silly. Here if you get injured at work the government pays your wages / treatment until you're ready to go back to work which seems vastly superior to getting into some legal standoff. I'm sure we have our downsides as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here