Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Emmanuel Ledesma

Stumpy Tim

Words from my QPR-supporting mate:

"He’s from Ar- gen - tina, la la la le – desma

Saw him when went back last year.... ran the game, scored couple of great goals! Thought we were going to get him back... quality player, greedy though. Not always plays the right pass"

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
"The Argentine went off to a standing ovation from both sets of supporters for what was simply an outstanding individual performance."

"Take a bow Emmanuel Ledesma and Angelo Balanta for two stunning displays and if we wondered what our foreign imports would be like on a cold, wet and miserable Tuesday night against some supposedly lower class opposition – well here’s your answer – they were all great."

"Emmanuel Ledesma: I thought long and hard about what I wanted to write here because I don’t want to heap too much pressure on this boy. But I can’t help it, can I? He put in a performance that ranks among some of the very best I’ve seen from a player in a Rangers shirt. It was that good. Some may say it was only Swindon, but you can only compete against what’s in front of you and he was absolutely sensational in everything he did on the night. We’ve unearthed a real gem of a player here, there’s no doubt about it and if we’ve got any business sense then we ought to buy him now and forget about delaying it until the end of the season. It was an exciting individual display which still had bags of potential about it, and sure he won’t reach these heights in every game but if finds 50% of this performance against Sheffield United he’ll still have them in bags of trouble."

Swindon 2:3 QPR

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I saw him a few times during his brief spell at Rangers, I think he was there four months in the 2008-9 season.

Very skilful, not tough enough at that time for the Championship, and had a tendency to get a bit lost in games. Obviously once they had Taarabt QPR were not too desperate to get him back from Italy again either. They're lucky Warnock plays one player like that, he's never going to field two, plus they also had Buzsaky.

Superb technique though, great passer, and excellent set-pieces. Surprised he's done so little in the last two years, just a few games out on loan at several different Serie B clubs. Might be worth a punt, I wouldn't put it higher than that. He's the kind of player that could score a blinder on his debut, and then not do much for months.

Crofts future nosed dived. Playing for Wrexham in non league before we took a punt on him and the rest is history.Maybe this is the kick start for him too.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Also, I see someone has been arsing about with his Wikipedia:

"In early 2011 Ledesma was offered a trial with Brighton and Hove Albion FC where he scored on his debut for the reserves. The following morning he was offered a full-time contract which he has yet to decide on."

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Also, I see someone has been arsing about with his Wikipedia:

"In early 2011 Ledesma was offered a trial with Brighton and Hove Albion FC where he scored on his debut for the reserves. The following morning he was offered a full-time contract which he has yet to decide on."

If anyone can get his career back on track it will be Gus. No problems with language barrier either, Poyet is so good getting an extra 10% out of players.

I wonder what Elliott is going to look like in yellow?

sesame_street_bigbird.png

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You know something about next seasons away kit you're not telling us then?

I'd imagine we're looking at him after missing out on Harley personally.

Spot on... we take a promising player on trial and, for some glass-half-empty people, this automatically means we are losing our best player... I 100% agree with you that it is because we missed out on Harley...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Similar type of player to what Harley would have been if he came here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here