Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Emmanuel Ledesma on loan...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
not in the present squad no
but I bet Barnes would have given him a run for his money, and what ever you say some of the present lot could have learned from Barnes how to be testy,fiesty and just damn well hard to put down
How do you mean - "what ever you say"? You've no need to make a case for Barnes to me, I always knew what he had to offer and as such was always a fan.
That's digressing anyway. The point I'm making I think most will agree on, namely - we currently lack any real bite, especially in midfield where it's needed most.
Perhaps Kayal will give us some and potentially Ledesma if he comes too? Although neither will have been signed for that purpose I'm sure.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Basically a player who can't get into another championship squad - massively underwhelmed

i wonder how many championship clubs would be happy to let a perceived valuable member of there squad go out on loan at this stage of the season? Half the sides are threatened by relegation the other half going for playoffs/promotion ..its a limited field to pick from

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
i wonder how many championship clubs would be happy to let a perceived valuable member of there squad go out on loan at this stage of the season? Half the sides are threatened by relegation the other half going for playoffs/promotion ..its a limited field to pick from

If he is effective here then he will assist in depriving boro's rivals of. points thus helping their promotion push .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Every since Barber set foot into this club its been nothing but decline on the playing front. Wait till the end of the summer window? Well I waited and all that turned up was shite like Gary Gardner.

A salient point and well worth the money he is paid of course.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A midfield that includes a selection of Lua Lua, Ince, Kayal, Texiera, Ledesma, Stephens, Baldock and March should really be moving up the table... but we'll see.

You would think so yes, but even if we had truly world class players in our midfield, who were creating chance after chance for our striker(s), it's worthless unless we have players capable of scoring from them.

Alas so far this season we haven't.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
You could say exactly the same about about Albion last season and how they responded to 2012/13. .

What about Boro ?
Just missed out on play offs in 11/12 (7th), then dusted themselves down and er, 16th in 2012/13. Another disappointing season in 2013/14 - only 12th.
And now er, top of the table. What lesson should we learn from that ?

PS: Are Derby and Ipswich really of a similar status to the Albion. Currently our crowds are similar but they've both had long periods in D1 / Prem League and actually won a few things.

When did Derby or Ipswich last win anything ? Granted were in Prem a while back but well before the differentials we are seeing between Champ and Prem as is in the present form . My point is that they have had continuity over the last 18mths / 2 years which is starting to pay dividends .

We havent and have been a shambles on the recruitment side over that period .

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
How do you mean - "what ever you say"? You've no need to make a case for Barnes to me, I always knew what he had to offer and as such was always a fan.
That's digressing anyway. The point I'm making I think most will agree on, namely - we currently lack any real bite, especially in midfield where it's needed most.
Perhaps Kayal will give us some and potentially Ledesma if he comes too? Although neither will have been signed for that purpose I'm sure.

Barnes had passion which is sadly lacking now Kayal maybe, maybe its the coaching as it seems that most who have that spend a lot of time banned.
I am of the old school if a tackle is fair no matter how hard its still fair,and lots of players now come into the "big girls blouse" catagory rolling around on the floor like they have been shot by a sniper, although lately the refs seem to be letting some hard tackles go, or it could be the fact that we have a lot of foreign players now, who knows.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How exciting. A former rejected trialist for a whole 1 month. Still, we definitely need a winger in. Should have been sorted in Jan, but hey ho.

Confirmed by the club. Initial one month.

I wonder what "initial" means.

If it's down to us, we play him and decide if we want to keep him for the rest of the season that's fine. A no lose for us. He does well, he stays. He doesn't, he goes.

But if it's down to Middlesborough that's not so good. If he does the business with us then they'll call him back after his month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here