Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Emily Benn

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Benn's granddaughter runs for MP

A-level student Emily Benn, who turns 18 next month, has been chosen as the party's candidate for East Worthing and Shoreham, in West Sussex. Ms Benn first campaigned with grandfather Tony when she was two
The 17-year-old granddaughter of Labour veteran Tony Benn is to contest a seat in the next general election.

Great news. I will definetly vote for her. She came across as a very smart and articulate young lady yesterday on five live even though the interviewer was cringingly patronising. Why not give youth a chance.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Great news. I will definetly vote for her. She came across as a very smart and articulate young lady yesterday on five live even though the interviewer was cringingly patronising. Why not give youth a chance.

Really? what the hell does she know about life? shes never had to pay a bill in her life, not done a days work and hasn't even finished her education yet.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Really? what the hell does she know about life? shes never had to pay a bill in her life, not done a days work and hasn't even finished her education yet.
Much as I'd love to see another Benn in the Commons there's a lot of truth in that. I hate it when you look at the CVs of a lot of MPS and it says something like, 'school, university, party worker, MP.' You need people who've lived a bit and know that politics is about people's lives, not just dogma and beliefs.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

_44137844_emilybenn203cr_pa.jpg

So not only is she way too young, she comes from Croydon and looks like a man. I can only assume she is very good in bed.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What a load of shit. I heard her saying she wants to get her friends to vote her as the youngest MP ever. Surely you should try and get that accolade for being the best not the youngest?

And agree she knows cock all about life and of course she is a lady!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's funny how we assume that because we have lived longer we know the answers to life, when, in fact, we just know of a few more errors we perhaps oughtn't make again.
Of course i wouldn't automatically respect her, or adhere to her surname's will, but i like the idea of being told what to do by a youngster, her eyes sometimes full of tender tears, still embraced by the passions that time hasn't yet dismembered.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
With years comes wisdom............. bollox.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
MPs, as a whole, are supposed to reflect all of the electorate.

Far too many of them are middle aged men who haven't been inside a school in possibly twenty years. This is not what the population is like.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
MPs, as a whole, are supposed to reflect all of the electorate.

Far too many of them are middle aged men who haven't been inside a school in possibly twenty years. This is not what the population is like.

I am unsure whether MPs should really look like us. Ideally they'd be our moral heroes as well as the representatives of our collective viewpoint, but as time has moved my opinions are rarely spoken of in mainstream politics, my hopes individualised and intoxified.
Over time i have had to fantasise more of who addresses my concerns, the perfect face being that of a morbid dog, all glum and envious at the many canines who parade in human clothes on overclicked websites their photos dizzy with applause; or of snakes who gulp themselves to death, so loving of that last giant egg they swallowed to their depths it's shell must be nibbled; or two-faced wrestlers, their faces bearded and hirsutely browed on one side and naked on the other, grappling and flogging their twinned persons with poles, posts and folded chairs until one falls limp and dethroned. Humanity, i suppose, departed my wishes as it became more hidden on front pages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here