Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Emile Heskey

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yeah ok, it's from a transfer rumour site, so we know straight away it's total bollocks. But i'm amazed that people think that he could not do a job at this level and think he really is totally shite. He has been in the top flight of football all his carer and must have played 400+ prem games, not to mention 50+ games for England. He may be the butt of many jokes, but seriously people he is not shit. Would be a fantastic signing and quite frankly just what we need. And if we could get him plus a million for Dunk from Villa I would be well pleased with that.....Ok let the abuse start.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Yeah ok, it's from a transfer rumour site, so we know straight away it's total bollocks. But i'm amazed that people think that he could not do a job at this level and think he really is totally shite. He has been in the top flight of football all his carer and must have played 400+ prem games, not to mention 50+ games for England. He may be the butt of many jokes, but seriously people he is not shit. Would be a fantastic signing and quite frankly just what we need. And if we could get him plus a million for Dunk from Villa I would be well pleased with that.....Ok let the abuse start.

:fishing::lolol::lolol:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
A million plus dunk??? Are you COMPLETELY mad? Nathaniel Clyne is going for £3 million and he's not a patch on our Dunky. £5mill no less and heskey only on a free (although he'll go back to Leicester)l

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The rumour started when the big nerd (sorry, big eck) let it be known he would let Heskey go on a free at the end of the season - this from a man who doesn't know what football played in the opponents' half and has just let Delfuoneso go whilst being reluctant to play Bannon and Albrighton - he even had to be persuaded to start Keane after getting him in on loan.

As a manager he is, in my view, pretty much the worst thing that can happen to a club so if he says Heskey is no good I think I would sign the bloke PDQ

Heskey still has pace: he has the presence to make more than a nuisance of himself: he can lay the ball off and he can take defenders away: he is excellent in the air offensively and defensively and he can link defence and attack:he can even fall over as well if not better than Glenn Murray: OK he was never what you would call a natural goalscorer but that isn't always what you want when there are plenty of others who can find the net if they can be given the ball in the right places and be given space - THAT is what we lack.

Having said all that I think our chances of getting him in this window are nil :)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
A million plus dunk??? Are you COMPLETELY mad? Nathaniel Clyne is going for £3 million and he's not a patch on our Dunky. £5mill no less and heskey only on a free (although he'll go back to Leicester)l

I meant they give us, not we give them.

Quagmire

Jul 29, 2011
Quaghog, Rhode Island

I have to.. agree.
I have always said Heskey is a good football player. He may not be a good goal scorer, but what he does for a team as a whole is brilliant.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
of all the silly rumours, i do want this one to be true. he is the very model of a target man, good with the ball to feet or in the air, holds the ball up with ease - when he wants, or draws the foul. perfect player alongside CMS.

or indeed Owen when he joins at the same duel signing swoop. :lolol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The rumour started when the big nerd (sorry, big eck) let it be known he would let Heskey go on a free at the end of the season - this from a man who doesn't know what football played in the opponents' half and has just let Delfuoneso go whilst being reluctant to play Bannon and Albrighton - he even had to be persuaded to start Keane after getting him in on loan.

As a manager he is, in my view, pretty much the worst thing that can happen to a club so if he says Heskey is no good I think I would sign the bloke PDQ

Heskey still has pace: he has the presence to make more than a nuisance of himself: he can lay the ball off and he can take defenders away: he is excellent in the air offensively and defensively and he can link defence and attack:he can even fall over as well if not better than Glenn Murray: OK he was never what you would call a natural goalscorer but that isn't always what you want when there are plenty of others who can find the net if they can be given the ball in the right places and be given space - THAT is what we lack.

Having said all that I think our chances of getting him in this window are nil :)

The voice of reason.......McClean or Heskey???......I find it amazing that people would wet their pants on here if we signed McClean but would be less than happy with Heskey. Heskey would be immense, just what Cms is crying out for. Twice the player McClean is or will ever be.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Good shout. I had read Villa are trying to reduce their wage bill and were looking to move Heskey on.
With that in mind I expect he's out of our wage bracket. Having said that he would be a perfect foil for CMS.
I never forget the England vs Italy game, when Peter Taylor was in charge, Heskey terrorised the Italian defence all game.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
He is a good "hold up" player which would suit CMS's style of play and hopefully provide him with the service that has been lacking so often.

Just my opinion so please don't all put me in your cross hairs!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

to be fair Nathaniel Clyne is Class. Got to be worth more than Dunk.
On Heskey, I would take him. Could still do a job at this level

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have to.. agree.
I have always said Heskey is a good football player. He may not be a good goal scorer, but what he does for a team as a whole is brilliant.

Spot on. Thick people judge him on his goal scoring ability.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's no coincidence that Heskey has played in all 3 of England's best performances of the last 12 years;

5-1 Germany
5-1 Croatia
4-1 Croatia

Also notable: in NONE of the above 3 games did BOTH Lampard and Gerrard start in the MIDDLE of midfield. That along with Heskeys inclusion proves its not about the best individual players, but what combination makes the best team for the game.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Clyne is class, but Dunky better IMHO...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would agree Hesky would be great... but Dunky is worth £5M with Man City et al sniffing around: no way should he be linked to deal! Hesky's likely wages mean we can only take him at a knock-down bargain basement price or on a free...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Terry your begining to worry me, first you want CMS rested and now you would be happy with Heskey a player so far past his best its unreal, hasnt hit a barn door in 5 years at least, is very injury prone and someone who would be just looking for one last pay day !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here