Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Emile Heskey - time for a recall

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its NOT just passion that we need though, is it. Where did that get us with Keegan ?

We need tactical nouse. We need a coach who can build a TEAM out of talented individuals. We need someone who can then organise that team, provide real leadership for that team, inspire that team.

The passion for playing for England can only come from the players. But they need leadership - and thats not Svens bag.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Peter Taylor is the answer but none of you are going to believe that as he ex Scum and he apparently bottled managing the Albion last time we were in this division

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Pearce has only recently become a manager but then how much managerial experience did Klinsmann and Van Basten have before they were appointed national team managers? Franz Beckenbauer didn't have any coaching qualifications but he took West Germany to two World Cup finals.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:

We need tactical nouse. We need a coach who can build a TEAM out of talented individuals. We need someone who can then organise that team, provide real leadership for that team, inspire that team.

I think if anyone can provide leadershiop and inspiration for a team of individuals then Pearce is it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I think if anyone can provide leadershiop and inspiration for a team of individuals then Pearce is it.
Hey, if it gets this f***ing slaphead out of a job, then I'm all for Pearce taking over the job this lunchtime. I'd like to see him get a couple of years experience as a manager ideally, but maybe Sheltons right - if you've got it, you've got it, and maybe he's just what England needs.

To be honest, ANYTHING would be better than the current incumbent. You could quite easily persuade me that Delia Smith could do a better job right now.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Not on with Heskey usually,but with last nights opposition we should have been able to play Nat Lofthouse and still won by a country mile.

Whoever was played up front would have been wasting their time,because Svens formation and tactics meant the ball never reached the Irish penalty area (the place where the goal is,Sven,thingy with the net hanging from it).

New manager?

I believe Bobby Williamson's available!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Heskey is playing well at the moment and would be the man to knock over these little teams. But no-one in their right mind is going to try and build a world cup winning team around Heskey are they?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
Heskey is playing well at the moment and would be the man to knock over these little teams. But no-one in their right mind is going to try and build a world cup winning team around Heskey are they?

No but he'd be useful coming off the bench against World Cup winning teams I reckon.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
FFS
Heskey . . . Heskey . . .are you quite mad !

I think Curbs and Pearce a a senior Coach/sidekick would be good

I don't think McLaren is a good bet, he's already too far gone by being involved in the current set up

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Simster said:
no-one in their right mind is going to try and build a world cup winning team around Heskey are they?
Just someone trying to build a team would be a start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here