Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Emergency PS3 Advice needed

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
my 360 lasted 4 months but it didn't help that I knocked it over from vertical the day I bought it.

If you play online you can't beat 360, cost about £36 a year for xbox live. You must get Call Of Duty 4.
Assasin's Creed is good but gets a bit repetative.

The PS3 is expensive and the wii seems to have kiddies games. I'm sure wii is a lot of fun with a group but single player has to be xbox for me.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
360 LIVE Call of Duty 4 has kept me sane these past few months. So much better than HALO 3.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
To be honest, just get a decent PC, unlike PS3 or XBOXs etc. you can always upgrade a PC, always going to be better graphics, more disk space, better gameplan, and you can even instal Xbox or PS controllers, so a much more varied choice. Oh and COD is soo much better online on PC!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
To be honest, just get a decent PC, unlike PS3 or XBOXs etc. you can always upgrade a PC, always going to be better graphics, more disk space, better gameplan, and you can even instal Xbox or PS controllers, so a much more varied choice. Oh and COD is soo much better online on PC!

Hmm, to get a PC matching the Xbox 360 or PS3 it's gonna cost a fair wedge!

Even upgrading, decent graphics cards add hundreds to the price.

Also not forgetting, that the PS3 has a decent blu ray player installed.

Not saying the PC's can't match the latest consoles, just bloody expensive in comparison!

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Hmm, to get a PC matching the Xbox 360 or PS3 it's gonna cost a fair wedge!

Even upgrading, decent graphics cards add hundreds to the price.

Also not forgetting, that the PS3 has a decent blu ray player installed.

Not saying the PC's can't match the latest consoles, just bloody expensive in comparison!

PC's are generally less cost efficent if you buy them whole, whereas buying seperate parts and constructing it yourself, none the less graphics cards are expensive but not hundreds. And another good ting about pcs is that you can play the PC whilst watching the TV!! ;)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
PC's are generally less cost efficent if you buy them whole, whereas buying seperate parts and constructing it yourself, none the less graphics cards are expensive but not hundreds. And another good ting about pcs is that you can play the PC whilst watching the TV!! ;)

I'd agree with most of that especially the last part about watching TV whilst playing!

But consoles win out in the comfort stakes of kicking back in bed or on the sofa while fragging or in my case taking bullets in COD4 for the team!

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
so what rank are all you COD4 players? I'm now Captain (rank 30) on 1st Prestige. How do people have the time to get 10th Prestige?
Look out for me (CGUL) jelloBHA - it's a small clan of 1 member :jester:

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
so what rank are all you COD4 players? I'm now Captain (rank 30) on 1st Prestige. How do people have the time to get 10th Prestige?
Look out for me (CGUL) jelloBHA - it's a small clan of 1 member :jester:

I have COD for PC and ill pwn anyone :lolol: im rank 55 but its generally irrelevant, but i have a kill to death ratio or 3:1. On pc you can't do prestige mode.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I have COD for PC and ill pwn anyone :lolol: im rank 55 but its generally irrelevant, but i have a kill to death ratio or 3:1. On pc you can't do prestige mode.

3/1 is a good ratio but a lot depends on the type of game you play. I play headquarters most of the time and can die a lot more than I kill but thats cos I'll be trying to capture HQ.
But if I play deathmatch I'm rubbish! :dunce:

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
I'm in a clan so we play all types of servers, and in hardcore. But i've just started in this clan and they go for the REAL big servers with like 40 odd people in it, so i doubt my ratio will stay the same :Lol:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Lvl 37 on COD4, tag Eggmund0. Only ever play free for all. Desperate for lvl 40 so I get the desert eagle! How sad!!

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Lvl 37 on COD4, tag Eggmund0. Only ever play free for all. Desperate for lvl 40 so I get the desert eagle! How sad!!

I don't like free for all, domination is best :lol: Level 55 you get golden desert eagle, and if you complete every challenge for all the assault rifles you get a golden AK47.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I hate free for all, much prefer headquarters, search + destroy and hardcore. Occasionally play team deathmatch.
Can't wait for Rainbow Six 2, as I think there's much more teamwork and comunication involved.
I tend to prefer stealth to run + gun games and hated Halo3 online.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here