Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Embarrassing partners......

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Over the weekend I discovered to my horror that my girlfriend didn't know who Saddam Hussain was :nono:

What have everyone elses girlfriends/wives etc. done that have completely embarrassed/shocked you??

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I was shouting whilst watching Craig Bellamy for Newcastle on Sky " Tackle you leak eating B*****D!!! To which my girlfriend at the time in a packed pub said " do they eat leaks in Newcastle?"

Que riotous laugher in the pub, she left and me behind, never again!!!!

:shootself

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
mcshane in the 78th said:
Over the weekend I discovered to my horror that my girlfriend didn't know who Saddam Hussain was :nono:

What have everyone elses girlfriends/wives etc. done that have completely embarrassed/shocked you??
I trust this is a joke? If not, you've really got to red card her.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This weekend, whilst shopping, this bloke picked up a Christmas card with the three kings on it....heard to say

"What the f*** has this to do with Christmas...." I kid you not

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I had a girlfriend who went to Cornwall, and asked someone (whilst pointing at the channel) if that was the Mediterranean. She also once tried to convince me that Toys R Us is actually named after the founder. Someone had told her this once and she thought it was an intersting fact.
And yes, she was blonde.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Re: Re: Embarrassing partners......

Sneaky George said:
I trust this is a joke? If not, you've really got to red card her.

She tried to cover it as a joke later on, but I'm not convinced

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
My ex brother in law soon dumped the GF who:

a) could not tell the time on a clock with marks instead of numbers; and

b) was told to get a train from Victoria to Brighton and then ring him when she got there. Just fifteen minutes later the call came... except she was in Brixton

:dunce:

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
when we were playing southend once,an old one of mine once asked me where it was, and i said essex. She then asked me how to get to "Essex" station. She thought Essex was a town (and she had a degree, scary!!!)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Simster said:
You know perfectly well nobody on here can trump that.

Maybe not...

My old housemate- a lovely lady but with one or two errors in her knowledge- once said when we were watching a D-Day documentary:

"Why did the British and Americans attack the french? I thought you guys were all on the same side."

Me: "We were all on the same side. The yanks and us weren't attacking the French. We were trying to liberate them. They were being occupied."

Her: 'Occupied? France was invaded? WHO BY??!!"

:thud:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Went to the pub then for a curry on Friday night and towards the end of the evening in the restaraunt my mrs complains that "we asked for the bill ages ago" which was true, however since then we'd received it, paid it, and had eaten the mints that came with it! Think she may have had one to many.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Lokki 7 said:
I had a girlfriend who went to Cornwall, and asked someone (whilst pointing at the channel) if that was the Mediterranean. She also once tried to convince me that Toys R Us is actually named after the founder. Someone had told her this once and she thought it was an intersting fact.
And yes, she was blonde.

:lolol: :clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My new lady had not heard of George Best ???

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Never forget standing on the 'Mall' in Washington DC where all the big national monuments are- Vietnam, Korea, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial, the site of the million man march and numerous other historic marches, protests and national events. Just in front of me an American couple (tourists) were looking up the Mall and the women turned to the guy with her and said "Oh this is where they filmed Forrest Gump". If that doesn't sum up America, nothing does.
:dunce:

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
garry nelsons left foot said:
Maybe not...

My old housemate- a lovely lady but with one or two errors in her knowledge- once said when we were watching a D-Day documentary:

"Why did the British and Americans attack the french? I thought you guys were all on the same side."

Me: "We were all on the same side. The yanks and us weren't attacking the French. We were trying to liberate them. They were being occupied."

Her: 'Occupied? France was invaded? WHO BY??!!"

:thud:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mrs Pres once wanted an ice cream with a flake in and asked the ice cream van driver for a sixty-nine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here